War Hero
Myself and the other half are taking the plunge and looking for a house together, however, whereas she has a permanent job circa 28k, I'm a contractor, through an Agency circa 38k, I pay £70pw to the Ex SWT, looking for a little advice about where to look for a mortgage, T'Internet's a bit of a minefield, so any ideas, and advice would be greatly appreciated.



Here’s a post from another thread that might help you – as you have probably already found one of the issues will be finding a lender prepared to accept your contractor status when calculating your eligibility for a mortgage. But much depends on the lender, your employment history and record keeping. Give us a call, we would like to try to help:

“Depending on your personal circumstances and eligibility you could investigate the Long Service Pay Advance Scheme (the interest free loan of up to £8,500 you mention), the Government’s Key Workers and HomeBuyDirect Schemes – all aimed at helping first time buyers onto the housing ladder.

It sounds like you need to get some mortgage advice and quotes. Forces Financial offer a complete mortgage service for first time buyers, remortgages, buy to let and overseas properties.

Our experienced mortgage advisors will search the market to find you the mortgage that is right for you. Our services are free and we offer independent advice. If you would like some help call us on +44 (0)870 837 5724 or visit"

Forces Financial is a trading name of Harmans Ltd. Registered Office: Globe House, 24 Turret Lane, Ipswich, Suffolk IP4 1DL. Registered in England Number 04229567. Harmans Ltd is authorised and regulated by the Financial Services Authority. Registration Number. 221363