Mortgage Overpayment - claim?

Yokel

LE
Just a quick question, with the PPI deadline approaching. My aged parents have heard something about being able to claim against banks that have overcharged for mortgages. Is that a real thing - does anyone know? My Mum claims to have seen a few TV adverts about it.

Who do the folks need to contact and how?

Thanks.

Just a quick question, with the PPI deadline approaching. My aged parents have heard something about being able to claim against banks that have overcharged for mortgages. Is that a real thing
Very real. Nearly every financial product has had it's own mis-selling scandal in recent years. Not just PPI

I have just received £1387 credit to the capital on my mortgage due to interest calculation errors. This is only an interim payment. A further audit is underway and I am likely to get another similar sized amount shortly. I have asked it be used to reduce the capital.

My Mortgage company is a bit shit and has changed hands a few times. I'm 13 years into a 25 year term on a straight repayment, which should be cleared in 8-9 years as I pay £110 extra per month. The errors occur because the extra is applied on different monthly dates to the balance. Quite why that is I don't understand as they are paid together on the same day.

Banks, eh? Thieving bastards.

Last edited:
They offered to. I said put it into the balance.

I had the same problem, ( Interest only mortgage) when pay up day arrived, the pay back amount was reduced by £4,000. Unless you query their maths, any overpayment will disappear into their pockets. thieving bastards all of them.

Latest Threads