Mortgage Deposit Scheme

Discussion in 'Finance, Property, Law' started by johnno808, Oct 18, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Does anyone know anything about the mortgage deposit scheme for the Armed Forces?

I remember seeing a letter at work about it but it has since vanished.

It was along the lines of that you would be "given" help with a deposit to purchase your first home?

Can anyone give me a steer?

Thanks.

2. Would be interested in this one as I beleive there is a similar scheme for 'key workers', police, teachers, NHS and the like. I may be wrong but if anyone has any info, again, would love to know - thanks in advance.

3. Not heard of this one, unless its Long Service Advance of Pay (LSAP) dressed up in another package?

4. Dunno about now but when I was on the run up to leaving the army I got an edvance of my gratuity to use as a deposit for a house. And immediately got a tax demand for 25% of it as "unearned income". Twats.

5. You want the "Joint Service Housing Advice Office" but their website has disappeared with the Army web-pages revamp / cull / removal of all useful information. Also this.

There are links off the latter but they all seem to be broken. It may just be me.

Edited to add: Found them - here. Key Worker Scheme, the old MQ purchase thing now called "MOD Referral" and "Low Cost House Ownership".

Telephone numbers and email address. Plus a load of "related links" that may or may not help.