Mortars

alright
Im after some help please. Im a Ammo Tech, im currently producing a project on storage of 60mm mortars in ganners.
what would be awsome is if i could get any phots of mortar pits or any dits on problems any of you have had.
Thanks
KLMF

The 60mm mortar has been around for about 3 years, it can also be used in both a light role (with a firing switch/button) or on a bipod and baseplate.

It also comes with a kit that has a gucci pair of gloves.

Ask 40 Cdo. I seem to remember them having storage issues with a 60mm Mortar (Long Barrel) on H12...

Used in the hand fired mode; get your fuckin fingers out of the way as quick as you would with a fixed striker when lobbing bomb down hole. The pins can get stuck under certain circumstances (Normally when it's hot or dusty!) launching said bomb straight out wherever you've been able to remove your finger or you have waited for the bomb to take them out of the way.

Check this cracker out for a dit! My mate has just done senior Brecon tactics and one of the instructors who is obviously a complete ******* spastic told the blokes when they were on OBUA phase in the village that a 60mm mortar can be fired from the hip from inside a room!!!! I swear this is no wha!

Check this cracker out for a dit! My mate has just done senior Brecon tactics and one of the instructors who is obviously a complete ******* spastic told the blokes when they were on OBUA phase in the village that a 60mm mortar can be fired from the hip from inside a room!!!! I swear this is no wha!
It has a soft ground and a hard ground baseplate, it can be fired from the side of trees and compound walls horizontally. (Yes, it can be fired from the hip but personally that would be as advisable as using your face as a flash eliminator.)

I can tell you one thing about it.

It weighs a ******* ton. It's not just a fatter 51mm.

I think your mate a) is lying or b) misheard. It can be fired from waist high in a building against a wall.

Since a crow knows a mortar fired from the hip is a drama I doubt an Infantry SNCO with HERRICK experience is likely to get confused.

Well **** me down with a feather! Well I stand corrected, however, from the ******* hip?!?! Not this call sign. Still a spastic for suggesting it, I would love to see the firers pelvis after that bad boy!

Fired from waist high braced against a wall, not your hip.

You stand back to a wall facing the window. At your side you put the baseplate against the wall, facing out the window. You then press the button.

Granted, it's not for sniping but you may well hit the next door neighbours gaff. You'll also **** your own wallpaper.

Well **** me down with a feather! Well I stand corrected, however, from the ******* hip?!?! Not this call sign. Still a spastic for suggesting it, I would love to see the firers pelvis after that bad boy!
It could be (and I realise that this may be pushing the boat out a bit and going with a crazy idea) that your mate is just rather thick and doesn't realise when someone is winding him up.

I have heard scandalous tales of NCO's and training staff who like to do such an underhand things to people.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Bravo_Bravo Army Reserve 7
G Infantry 83
E Infantry 3