Mortar Fire

Discussion in 'Military History and Militaria' started by Spanish_Dave, Dec 30, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Spanish_Dave

Spanish_Dave LE Good Egg (charities)

Now I am an ex Gunner not an infanteer but somehow I feel that the way this mortar is being fired, the rounds will be spread all over the place, at one point the guy running round in circles nearly tips it over
  2. Fuck me! What a waste of ammo! Reminds me of watching the Royal Irish mortars. 8O
  3. the_boy_syrup

the_boy_syrup LE Book Reviewer

The guy running round promtley led to the Benny Hill chase theme playing in my head

Why does he carry on firing when his mate points 90 degrees off to his right and shout their on that ridge?
  4. Arrseholes! Though depends which bn and when I suppose
  5. fukc me!, he'd be better off with a box of grenades and a tennis racket. Would you want these fellas to fire you in?.....err, no thanks!
  6. Don't know what Bn it was now but they were on Herrick 8. That said, their mortars looked professional compared to their machine gun platoon! 8O
  7. It will keep me in work anyway.
  8. What about this fella: Lunatic

9. is it ment to be direct fire?

what the fcuk is he layed onto!!!!
  10. Afghanistan hopefully, though some stray rounds may have ended up in another country. 8O
  11. "U.S. Army Paratroopers from Chosen Company"

Er Um
    Chosen By Who ?
  12. The Taliban is my guess. If I had to choose someone to be lobbing mortar bombs at me I'd certainly choose them.

That has to be the first time I've ever seen 'Point, Pull and Pray' applied to indirect fire.
  13. I think the mortar platoon must have been on leave :)
  14. Aye that was pretty horrific, the MFC was obviously in the mess when those rounds were being dropped.