Mortar Fire

Now I am an ex Gunner not an infanteer but somehow I feel that the way this mortar is being fired, the rounds will be spread all over the place, at one point the guy running round in circles nearly tips it over

the_boy_syrup

LE
Book Reviewer
The guy running round promtley led to the Benny Hill chase theme playing in my head

Why does he carry on firing when his mate points 90 degrees off to his right and shout their on that ridge?

fukc me!, he'd be better off with a box of grenades and a tennis racket. Would you want these fellas to fire you in?.....err, no thanks!

jonwilly said:
"U.S. Army Paratroopers from Chosen Company"

Er Um
Chosen By Who ?
john
The Taliban is my guess. If I had to choose someone to be lobbing mortar bombs at me I'd certainly choose them.

That has to be the first time I've ever seen 'Point, Pull and Pray' applied to indirect fire.

L

Lechies

Fallschirmjager said:
Fuck me! What a waste of ammo! Reminds me of watching the Royal Irish mortars. 8O
Aye that was pretty horrific, the MFC was obviously in the mess when those rounds were being dropped.

At the risk of asking a daft question Where the F where the SNCO's.
There is no way I could ever believe that a Brit Inf unit could ever get into that situation.
L/Cpl just made up, would run rings around them by simply Taking Charge.
john
Let alone the long service Private.

jonwilly said:
At the risk of asking a daft question Where the F where the SNCO's.
There is no way I could ever believe that a Brit Inf unit could ever get into that situation.
L/Cpl just made up, would run rings around them by simply Taking Charge.
john
Let alone the long service Private.
The simple answer is they are American. No standards.

THEY_STOOD_IN_THE_DOOR said:
Spanish_Dave said:
Now I am an ex Gunner not an infanteer but somehow I feel that the way this mortar is being fired, the rounds will be spread all over the place, at one point the guy running round in circles nearly tips it over
is it ment to be direct fire?

what the fcuk is he layed onto!!!!
Probably the MFC's Humvee, which is travelling in the opposite direction.

With the Mortar at that elevation, and the bombs on that charge I'd say that the enemy was quite close, and a bit of deviation won't matter to much. It's area effect afterall ;)

Latest Threads