Mort, on Radio 4 podcasts.

StBob072

LE
Book Reviewer
The book that got me hooked on the Discworld, and the most fondly remembered. :)

Will give that a listen. I have all the Disc world on audio book.

Katy

Old-Salt
I've been listening to this on 4 Extra, it's not a bad adaptation at all :)

Ook.

StBob072

LE
Book Reviewer
I've never cottoned onto the idea of audio books, but as age catches up with me, and I can never find the right pair of glasses, I might have to give it a try. :D

I've never cottoned onto the idea of audio books, but as age catches up with me, and I can never find the right pair of glasses, I might have to give it a try. :D
Try not to fall asleep mid story......

Unseen University is a great audiobook

Goatman

ADC
Book Reviewer
Unseen Academicals?

(Wish their goalie was on my FF squad. ook )

Death gets all the best lines.

' wow...where'd you get all those coins?"
" IN PAIRS....."

The book that got me hooked on the Discworld, and the most fondly remembered. :)
It was Hogfather for me. Perhaps you need to read Mort first to understand Susan Sto-Helit :)

Last edited:

Whining Civvy

War Hero
If Podcasts are your thing I can recommend the British History Podcast - a very detailed examination of the country going all the way back to The Very Beginning. Done by a very switched on American with (importantly) an easy to listen to voice.

If Podcasts are your thing I can recommend the British History Podcast - a very detailed examination of the country going all the way back to The Very Beginning. Done by a very switched on American with (importantly) an easy to listen to voice.
Some excellent Cold War podcasts:

BBC Radio 4 - Cold War: Stories from the Big Freeze - Episode guide

History of the Cold War Podcast

Both really revealing on many of the more discreet global political aspects of the Cold War that we tend to miss by concentrating on the iron curtain

It was Reaper Man for me, although Mort is one of the ones I'm using to convert the Missus to the Discworld.
She's not hooked yet but the dramatic image of Death meeting Mort being spoiled by a patch of ice had her giggling.

For some reason she thinks that Deaths voice should sound like a grumpy old Yorkshire hermer known about these parts.

Goatman

ADC
Book Reviewer
Death - from YORKSHIRE. ??????

The love of your life and everlovin' SWMBO needs reeducating....a Yorkshire Albert I could deal with.

Tell her to try this in a Cleggie accent..

" COWER,BRIEF MORTAL...HO.HO.HO "

Death - from YORKSHIRE. ??????

The love of your life and everlovin' SWMBO needs reeducating....a Yorkshire Albert I could deal with.

Tell her to try this in a Cleggie accent..

" COWER,BRIEF MORTAL...HO.HO.HO "
Old school Tyke greeting:

SITHEE

Oh look a pune..... reciprocating aperture's that way -------->

Death sounds like Christopher Lee

FACT

Unseen Academicals?

(Wish their goalie was on my FF squad. ook )

:)
I struggled to get into that one. Perhaps I should revisit.

skid2

LE
Book Reviewer
Mort on radio 4. In bed, iPlayer on iPad and playout through a Bluetooth speaker. Episode 2 tonight.

StBob072

LE
Book Reviewer
It was Reaper Man for me, although Mort is one of the ones I'm using to convert the Missus to the Discworld.
She's not hooked yet but the dramatic image of Death meeting Mort being spoiled by a patch of ice had her giggling.

For some reason she thinks that Deaths voice should sound like a grumpy old Yorkshire hermer known about these parts.

Has she read Maurice yet? The topic came up when discussing rats :)

Latest Threads