Morse

Discussion in 'Royal Signals' started by LIMA, Jan 19, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Does the Army still do it? - I taught Morse to Infantry Signallers many years ago and thought I had forgotten it. I recently stumbled over this site:

http://www.mrx.com.au/d_cwcom.htm

Where you can download a program that lets you TX and RX in realtime over the Internet using text,keys,paddles,mouse - whatever you want. Thinking that I`d try my hand at long forgotten skills, I gave it a go and was quite surprised to find that even after almost 20 years of no practice, and after two days training up my ears, I am able read at 14wpm with 98 - 100% accuracy. There is also a Morse Trainer program at the following address:

http://rivat.chez-alice.fr/software.htm

Written by a French Radio ham - It really is quite good and does Q codes, abbreviations, letters & numbers..a nifty little practice tool.

I´ve now been bitten by the Bug so if anyone wants to try it out then PM me and we can arrange a meeting in their so called "Virtual Ionosphere". Morsed last night to guys in Venezuela,England and Russia using my Mouse!...that Sucks - does anyone know where I can get a morse key for a PC?

:)

2. And there was me expecting a thread about Inspector Morse. :cry: :cry: :cry:

3. I reckon that geordie bloke got his job, after he went to the great constabluary in the sky........whats his name ? (the geordie lad)
    Any ideas?

4. bleep bleeeeep bleep bleep bleeeeep bleep bleep bleep bleeeeep bleeeeep bleep bleeeeep.

5. Can`t read yer Bleeps bad Crow...You`re Sending too fast for me!

6. Da di da dit / dit di dah / dah dit / dah

di di dah dit / di di dah / dah di dah di / dah di dah / dah dah dah / di di dah dit / di di dah dit

Not bad from and ex tech !

Edited to insert spaces !

7. Its says. "Flibble flobble Mr Flibbles, Chris Waddle"

8. It says "Steve Gerrard is a Texan"

9. -.-- --- ..- .- .-. . -. --- - .- .-. .- -.. .. --- --- .--. ..- -. - .. .-.. .-.. -.-- --- ..- -. --- -- --- .-. ... . .-.-.-

-... .-.. --- --- -.. -.-- .... .- -- --- .--. .--. . .-. .- - --- .-. ... -. --- -- --- .-. . - .... .- -. -.-- --- ..- -... ..- -. -.-. .... --- ..-. -. ..- -- -. ..- - ... .-.-.-

Translation available here: http://www.mattfedder.com:5580/photos/morse.pl

10. Jinxy thats no way to refer to the guru's sexuality in a public place it --- .. --. -.. -.. in your general direction. Warning i dont know the slightest morse!

11. I forget who I slagged of now.......................It may have been sig's of all flavours :p

12. He was (is) called 'Lewis' (played by Kevin - very dull - Whately) and is just about to get his own series on ITV. Won,t be the same without Morse.

13. - .... . ... . -.. .. - -.. .- .... -.. .. - ... --. .. ...- . -- . - .... . ... .... .. - ... -...-

14. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

..-. ..- -.-. -.- --- ..-. ..-. -.-- --- ..- ... .- -.. -... .- ... - .- .-. -.. ... :wink:

15. Not THAT old..... :wink: