Morse Matters

Discussion in 'Royal Signals' started by whiffler, May 26, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Chaps

I was hunting for a Morse generator, but came across the following site.

Morse Fan

The audio files are .ram (real audio?)

I hope it is of interest to someone out there - I was wondering what the market was in 1914 that a department store could sell 78's of morse under its own label.

Mind you, a lot of this techno music may be in morse for all of the musical sense it makes.
  2. Eh Whiffler, all this new fangled techno music malarkey. Not in your day eh mate, i'll throw you your pipe, slippers and a morse key. Now thats the way to spend an evening :wink:

Seriously though, there are quite a few good morse generators on t'interweb. There was a thread last year some time in the naafi, where everyone slagged each other off in morse. Wasnt a popular thread you understand, but it was there.

I'm going to the pup tonight, want to join us? I'll even buy you a pint, it'll help you get out more :wink:

3. Going to the pup ? - Thursday is still snog a dog night then?.
  4. MRX is a good one as well, what we used in training.
  5. .. _ ... ._ ._. ... . and you know it is!
    funny though how its fashionable to be using 70's technology at the moment :lol:
  6. I still have frustrating memories of morse 'early and lates' training on my sigs course. I was cr*p but why were ghurkas so good?

7. --.- .-. -.- .....
  8. .-. --- -- --.- ... .- ..... --.- ... .- ..--.. -.-
  9. If you go onto they used to have
    "CWGET" AND "CWSEND" two very simple and basic programs for guessed it.... sending and receiving morse.

Ain't modern teknollygee brilliant???
  10. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

Fecking ants are invading Arrse again. has anybody any ant-killer? :wink: [marq=right]
  11. 59 65 73

01011001 01100101 01110011