morphine autoinjector nsn: 6505-99-147-0945

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by region2, Mar 13, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Just been told the training injectors cost over £250 quid EACH. That's a lot of light bulbs! ;-)

Can someone who knows what they're talking about confirm or deny this please? Or have I got the NSN for a different item?

Ta

R2

2. Cue Q..............

3. Speak to your QM's Dept, they will know. They have to have access to the costs of all materiel for calculating write-off values. If they are too expensive, are you going to stop using them?

4. It was the RQMS who gave me the cost - it's a beeping little thing made of plastic so some mistake surely!

R2

5. Plastic tube 2pence, Spring inside at MOD procurement price £149.98pence. Construction and shipping £100.

6. Got 10 at my last unit no hassle - this time I was allowed one but need to keep it behind glass it seems.

691001-555-7611 Morphine Training Device Analgesic Auto-Injector Drill <-- Apologies - this is the one that cost the money - what's the difference?

R2

7. Can anyone help please?

R2

8. It costs £15 for the real thing with 10mg of Morphine in.

9. That does seem a tad too much. It is quite difficult to get prices for some medical supplies. The best I can do at the moment is tell you that about 18 months ago they cost 6.70. I would be very surprised if they had increased to over £250.00!

Regards,

Q.

PS. Just to clear it up:

6910 01 555 6911 Training Device Morphine (for training)

6505 99 147 0945 Morphine Sulphate 10 m/g Auto Injector Syringe with Needle (the real thing!)

10. Can't the UK make a Training Device Morphine (for training) then ?

11. I'd get a picture of one and demonstrate with a biro.

12. I've got the NSN on an official receipt with bar codes and everything so somehow that price has been set up - they even rang Bicester to check. I have 11 to play with so not quite at the biro stage yet!

Ta!

R2