Moron Putin is proposed as a candidate for the presidency by his puppet Medvedev.

I'm just have heard it on TV. So called 'president' Medvedev proposed mr.Putin on the United Russia congress.

Frankly speaking I'm not surprised. Putin's dictatorship will continue.

I'm just have heard it on TV. So called 'president' Medvedev proposed mr.Putin on the United Russia congress.

Frankly speaking I'm not surprised. Putin's dictatorship will continue.
And why should we be bothered if the puppet master of a 3rd world country once more steps from behind the curtain?

Sergei,
I used to quite enjoy your input. Now you are just boring and predictable. Have you been "got at"?

No surprises. What a **** Putin is. And what morons the Russians are for letting this happen over and over again. They've had centuries to learn - never have. They've had a genuine representative democracy for about two days in the last 400 years.

And why should we be bothered if the puppet master of a 3rd world country once more steps from behind the curtain?
You are not quite right dear friend. Russia is a very important country in many respects. Of course, it is not so important as the UK with its independent policy, with young dynamic leader.

By the way, mr.Putin is not so old (especially for a politician).

Putin is good for Russia. I wish we had a leader with his take no shit attitude. Instead we have leaders who are more interested in giving our money to other countries and filling the country with immigrants.

Putin is good for Russia. I wish we had a leader with his take no shit attitude. Instead we have leaders who are more interested in giving our money to other countries and filling the country with immigrants.
Putin is very bad for Russia: his silly cold war obsession with the "evil West" distracts from the very real threats to Russia from China and radical Islam, and the one-party state system lacking in any opposition or free media means that there is no corrective mechanism to try and improve any of Russia's deep structural problems. The real tragedy for Russia is that the lack of proper legal process means that foreign inward investment is largely discouraged, and so there is little to inspire and develop Russia's true talent and economic potential.

Putin is very bad for Russia: his silly cold war obsession with the "evil West" distracts from the very real threats to Russia from China and radical Islam, and the one-party state system lacking in any opposition or free media means that there is no corrective mechanism to try and improve any of Russia's deep structural problems. The real tragedy for Russia is that the lack of proper legal process means that foreign inward investment is largely discouraged, and so there is little to inspire and develop Russia's true talent and economic potential.
His "silly cold war obsession" is fuelled by the actions of the US's obsession with their cold war obsession, with actions such as the "missile defence system".

Putin has brought Russia from a failing country to one that is becoming very successful. It has inherent problems from the Communist times, but in time it will work through those. While it is doing so, it is rapidly moving forward.

His "silly cold war obsession" is fuelled by the actions of the US's obsession with their cold war obsession, with actions such as the "missile defence system".

Putin has brought Russia from a failing country to one that is becoming very successful. It has inherent problems from the Communist times, but in time it will work through those. While it is doing so, it is rapidly moving forward.
Do you actually live or work in Russia, or have Russian family?

Ah, Russian democracy Putin style!.

As Stalin was fond of saying:'It is not how the votes are cast that is important, it is how they are counted.'

I think it,s a case of Don Medvedev doing what Don Putin says and maintaining Omertaski, just "Biziness", nothing more

Surely this is no surprise, Putin's return to the presidency was predicted as soon as Medvedev took office.
Calling the Russian people morons is a little unfair they are trapped between a rock and a hard place. I don't think the Russians have a monopoly on governmental corruption....just look at the sorry assed state we in the West are in!
What a vibrant place Europe would be had we welcomed Russia into our midst following the collapse of the USSR.

Sergei,
I used to quite enjoy your input. Now you are just boring and predictable. Have you been "got at"?
I'm very sorry Slipperman. I propose not read my post. It is the best solution of the problem.

I understand prety well that this theme is not interesting for the majority of our friends. However it is very important from my point of view. It looks as mr.Putin is one of the most experienced politicians among the World leaders with his 8 years as a president and 4 years as a PM. He is young enough for a politician. With TV under his full control, with massive brainwashing, with black polit-technologies and huge money he has in his disposal, mr.Putin will be elected as a president no doubt.

Now let's ask ourselves, what would be an impact for the World from likely next 12 years of Putin's presidency? Will he as a leader (I recal the most experienced) sit calmly in the Kremlin or would he try to act. Probably he will act in the interests of Russia (as he understand them). As a result our American friends could have "some problems". 5 days war in Georgia showed that almighty USA are not really so almighty and I predict that mr.Putin as a president will counteract against American interests more and more frequently.

Though... who knows.

I'm very sorry Slipperman. I propose not read my post. It is the best solution of the problem.

I understand prety well that this theme is not interesting for the majority of our friends. However it is very important from my point of view. It looks as mr.Putin is one of the most experienced politicians among the World leaders with his 8 years as a president and 4 years as a PM. He is young enough for a politician. With TV under his full control, with massive brainwashing, with black polit-technologies and huge money he has in his disposal, mr.Putin will be elected as a president no doubt.

Now let's ask ourselves, what would be an impact for the World from likely next 12 years of Putin's presidency? Will he as a leader (I recal the most experienced) sit calmly in the Kremlin or would he try to act. Probably he will act in the interests of Russia (as he understand them). As a result our American friends could have "some problems". 5 days war in Georgia showed that almighty USA are not really so almighty and I predict that mr.Putin as a president will counteract against American interests more and more frequently.

Though... who knows.
What is always amusing is the Russians trying to convince themselves they are in some way 'relevant'. Get over yourself Sergei, you're country is just a failed 3rd world country and although it regularly barks for effect, the West just ignores it.

And please! The ONLY thing the Russians proved in Georgia is just how utterly crap your mickey mouse armed farces are.

A little harsh there, SofI. Russia's presence on the world stage is as relevant now as it ever was given their nuclear capability and vast resources - regardless of their rickety infrastructure. I'm sure they realise their greatest threat, externally, is from China hungrily eyeing those resources and, internally, radical Islam seeking to assert itself over their not insignificant Muslim population.

'moron'????????

like ****, an mafiosi oligarch like that dont ends up running a bent nation three times running by being stupid.