Moron Putin boosts military spendings loosing the sense of reality.

Highly esteemed (former drug taker) mr. Camoron at least has better English. Joke.

[seriously]
Mr. Putin looks as a 'wise ruler' only incomparison with the late pres.Yeltsin. In fact mr.Putin created a corrupted system. His crew is merely a thieving gang. Economical problems remain unresolved. Terrorism is growing. Elections are substituted by appointmets. Russia under Putin's 'leadership' is heading to a catastrophe.

During his yearly answers to questions of 'ordinary Russians' on TV all the questions were pre-orchestrated. Really he is unable to discuss serious matters without propper preparations.

[/seriously]
Has Tony Blair moved to Russia?

Nice move I'd say, if the red Army were to regain some credibility perhaps we could get another cold war stoked up!
Credibillity? Like BAOR? More wives, kids and pets on strength than soldiers? Enough ammunition available to fight for at least twelve hours? Training that was like an episode of "On The Buses"? Sorry, exaggerating there -- at least the buses were runners. When an armoured division had to be sent to the Gulf in '92 there was hardly a working tank or APC left in Germany for the other four divisions. Seems to me that yours was the Worzel Gummidge army.

After buying the Mistral-class LPDs, Mr Putin is said to now be very interested in up to 1,000 VBLs recce vehicles for the Russian MOI as well as an undisclosed number of FELIN future warrior systems from France for the Russian armed forces...

It can't have been hard to out perform Yeltsin, didn't he get drunk and run around the Whitehouse naked? Putin on the other hand increased real wages by 150% with his economic reforms, or is this just due to the natural recovery of Russia due to mineral resources and capitalism?

Vladimir Putin - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Wiki paints a pretty picture.

DC

mercurydancer

LE
Book Reviewer
Sergey
There is a guy called Medvedev whom I believe is President.

I know that you are going to say that Putin really rules but Dmitry is showing signs of not following blindly PM Putin

Sergey
There is a guy called Medvedev whom I believe is President.

I know that you are going to say that Putin really rules but Dmitry is showing signs of not following blindly PM Putin
Hi Merucy.

Pres.Medvedev is a member of Putin's crew. Sometimes he sounds liberal looking sentiments. But there are no real actions. It is a staged performance where all actors play their roles.

Returning to mr.Putin who is a real decision maker is Russia, I would like to note that he has a habit to promise many things and forget about them soon.

There are still many officers in the Russian armed forces who haven't flat or house. Mr.Putin promised that up to 2008 all officres would have state sponsored flat or house. Later 2008 was subtituted by 2009 and later by 2010. Recently mr.Putin "renewed" his promise with 2013 as a date of the "final solution". My brother - retired lt.-col served 27 years and only recently just got (though very good) flat in a near Moscow suburb.

Of course, mr.Putin is not the worst ruller possible. And first years he indeed did much for Russia. But now it appeared that the system he has built is founded on unbelievable corruption.

And don't regard a promise to spend $650bln. for weapons as real one. It could be changed, forgotten at any time.

After buying the Mistral-class LPDs, Mr Putin is said to now be very interested in up to 1,000 VBLs recce vehicles for the Russian MOI as well as an undisclosed number of FELIN future warrior systems from France for the Russian armed forces...
Fantassin, no doubt that Mistral-class vessels will be supplied with Russin made helicopters and they are not that bad as many could think. So Russia will be in a good position to sell its arms to NATO countries.

I would honestly be chuffed to bits if France bought a large number of MI-17; I would also not be against a few squadrons of SU-25s for Op in Africa. They should be operated by the Normandie-Niemen Regiment and then all would be well....

Who is Russia looking at as genuine threats to national security, bar the Checens and co?
Genuine threats to national security... if that were the sole criteria by which nations were allowed to arm themselves, the US would only have a couple of tramp steamers, with hand-cranked gattling guns strapped to the bow, and a few thousand strong Dad's Army, mostly posted along the Mexican border.

Genuine threats to national security... if that were the sole criteria by which nations were allowed to arm themselves, the US would only have a couple of tramp steamers, with hand-cranked gattling guns strapped to the bow, and a few thousand strong Dad's Army, mostly posted along the Mexican border.
Fair point, though with all the boomsticks the Mexican drug runners are getting from north of the border you wouldn't want to underestimate them.

Hi Merucy.

Pres.Medvedev is a member of Putin's crew. Sometimes he sounds liberal looking sentiments. But there are no real actions. It is a staged performance where all actors play their roles.

Returning to mr.Putin who is a real decision maker is Russia, I would like to note that he has a habit to promise many things and forget about them soon.

There are still many officers in the Russian armed forces who haven't flat or house. Mr.Putin promised that up to 2008 all officres would have state sponsored flat or house. Later 2008 was subtituted by 2009 and later by 2010. Recently mr.Putin "renewed" his promise with 2013 as a date of the "final solution". My brother - retired lt.-col served 27 years and only recently just got (though very good) flat in a near Moscow suburb.

Of course, mr.Putin is not the worst ruller possible. And first years he indeed did much for Russia. But now it appeared that the system he has built is founded on unbelievable corruption.

And don't regard a promise to spend $650bln. for weapons as real one. It could be changed, forgotten at any time.
My bold: SOP for all politicians, I'm afraid.

As for Medvedev, one of the Wiki Leaks documents contained the American view that he was Robin to Putin's Batman.

Valdimir Putin...Russia's Dark Tsar!:batman:

Credibillity? Like BAOR? More wives, kids and pets on strength than soldiers? Enough ammunition available to fight for at least twelve hours? Training that was like an episode of "On The Buses"? Sorry, exaggerating there -- at least the buses were runners. When an armoured division had to be sent to the Gulf in '92 there was hardly a working tank or APC left in Germany for the other four divisions. Seems to me that yours was the Worzel Gummidge army.
There was enough ammuntion in BAOR for 5 days at NATO SPG intensive rates and 3.5 days for Arty ammo. The TTWM would have sent the remainder from the UK during SA.
The Armd Div was sent to the Gulf in 1990 and as an OOA operation the E&MA's were sent to be able to replenish an estimated 28 day operation - - it lasted 100 hours.

There were only 3 Armd Divs in BAOR. 1, 3 and 4

2 Div was an Airmobile Div and was in the UK.

Apart from that your post was 110% spot on.

******!

bolo beret

Old-Salt
You're a ****** rickshaw-major! Stalker haaaa, don't over rate yourself.

I'm the rootin'est, toot'inest most boring and dull walt on this site.

1992, after the last defence review had really savaged BAOR, but we still went out and did the job (which is perhaps a shame because politicians need failure in order to draw conclusions). The old BAOR with its all square divisions and brigades was the most potent fighting force in NATO, which might have escaped your attention, but it didn't escape the Russians. BAOR has always provided the framework for Ops overseas, when it's gone the 9 to 5 soldiers elsewhere will get their chance. I hope they are aware that war doesn't go home to mum every Friday with a bag of washing.

As for the Aussies, can't even be trusted with a beer, you must get very thirsty in your one horse dusty garrison.

Are you safe in writing this Sergej
One person on a square could be spotted easily. But try to spot him in a crowd. There are waterfalls of critics toward the rulling regime in Russian in mass media, in blogs, in forums (with one significant exception - the most popular TV channels). Undeniable cases of corruption are widely being discussed. On this background my lone voice is almost unheard. Who cares what I write on the ARRSE?

Superb! I like it.

So Putin is looking to strength his military (and no-doubt line his own pockets), I'm not surprised. While the threat from the west has decreased, the threat from the east has greatly increased, and this is despite the numerous border clashes that have occured over the last 50 years, and their proxy conflicts (such as Vietnam). That a significant proportion of this money will be lost to corruption is unfortunate, but it is an internal Russian problem.

Grumblegrunt

LE
Book Reviewer
680 billion over 10 years isnt much compared to the great satan, I dont even think it matches one year of pentagon budget does it?

you cant blame them for getting geared up again going by the expansionist policies of NATO which has so far exceeded its charter by 20 years

Latest Threads