Moron Putin boosts military spendings loosing the sense of reality.

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by KGB_resident, Feb 24, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Russian military to purchase 600 planes, 100 ships - Yahoo! News

2. Bouillabaisse

Bouillabaisse LE Book Reviewer

SO Russia is moving to a smaller, professional armed forces with modern equipment capable of defending herself and projecting limited power when needed? What exactly is wrong with that?

3. Seems to me Russia is doing the smart thing, in replacing masses of useless obsolete kit with a newer more effective force. It's us that are moronic for scrapping effective, working kit before the newer better stuff is in service.

4. Are you criticizing him for promising to spend so much (which if half the horror stories I hear about some parts of Russia are true should be spent elsewhere to improve quality of life) or for cutting the size of the Russian military?
    Who is Russia looking at as genuine threats to national security, bar the Checens and co?

5. Bouillabaisse

China, perhaps?

6. We will have a couple of aircraft carriers going spare so we could sell them to the ruskies and make a few quid for ourselves

7. Bouillabaisse

Perhaps we could swap one for a carrier air group from Sukhoi?

8. In that case wouldn't they be best served by dropping the whole moody teenager foreign policy and look to get some allies on board, as at current rates isn't total Chinese miltary spending going to have dwarfed $650 Billion by 2020?

9. Exactly, some spendings are useless. And I suspect that about a half would be cynically stolen by corrupted officals.

10. Why waste the money? All societies are self regulating. Those with something to offer will elevate themselves, those without.......well, let them eat cake/cabbage.

11. Bouillabaisse

Are you one of the 200,000 officers recently fired from the military? Feeling a little bitter, perhaps?

12. Nice move I'd say, if the red Army were to regain some credibility perhaps we could get another cold war stoked up!

13. Bouillabaisse

I suspect of lot of this is going to be focused in the Pacific and in southern Siberia staring through the chinks in the bamboo curtain. No Cold War for us

14. All aboardski da outrageski bus comrades!