Moroccan Villa Complex - £200M Loss

Discussion in 'Economics' started by geezer466, Apr 14, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Premier stars face massive losses in £200m Moroccan villa nightmare: Embarrassment for Terry and Ferdinand as project they backed flounders | Mail Online

Everyone loves a sob story about overpaid footballers.......

Daily Fail article so it has a comments box at the bottom....

Stevie is currently on +814....Go on give him a click you know you want to...........

• Like Like x 1
  2. Did the project really "flounder"....some sort of flat fish, isn't it?

"Founder" perhaps....oh wait, it's the Mail.

3. Trevor Cockrell, 55, a semi-retired textile importer from Bolton, faces losing his deposit on a two-bedroom apartment at the resort in Morocco’s Berkane region. He said: ‘A lot of investors are going to be disappointed. At first, everything was fine – we were given flashy promotional material about footballers investing and we thought if they were part of it, it must be a good idea.

With logic like that you deserve everything you get!

4. I'm feeling pedantic today.

Oxford Dictionary

Definition of flounder

verb
    [no object]
    struggle or stagger clumsily in mud or water:he was floundering about in the shallow offshore waters

•
    struggle mentally; show or feel great confusion:she floundered, not knowing quite what to say

•
    be in serious difficulty: many firms are floundering

• Like Like x 1
  5. I don't give a shit about millionaire footballers losing a few quid.

However hard working normal people who have stuck there money into this, expecting to have somewhere to enjoy in there retirement are victims, and I think it's a bit low to take the piss out of them.

6. How much were you ripped off for?

• Like Like x 3
  7. Only banks get bailed out by the taxpayer when their investments fail.

8. Hmm;
    Speculative venture in a country renowned for its honest dealing, check.
    Promised massive return on investment, check.
    To happen in a foreign location that is not too cheap to visit in person on spec, check.
    Recommended by a wedge of people whose business acumen is limited to getting vast pay packets for playing football and buying cars and girls at inflated prices, check.

What could possibly go wrong? Applications to E. Mong property ventures. Mwahaha Towers.

• Like Like x 11
  9. Collins Concise Dictionary "Founder: (2) to break down or fail, the project foundered "

10. So both would appear to be correct usage. However, it's fecked and we've all been ripped off would appear to be a more appropriate statement.

11. Yet again the terminally stupid have been persuaded to part with their cash in return for a speculative punt.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Dear Esteemed Sir,
    Greetings in the name of the LORD.

It has fallen to me, as the chief promotional officer of Matumba Properties, inc, to offer you the guaranteeing of the profits of buildings of the Golf, the Chalet, and the Pool for Swimming and not Latrine, of the Morocco. All is necessary is you send banking details by return of post and many profits, much happiness and the bottoms of small Moroccan boys shall be yours.

In the anticipations and in the name of the LORD,

Mister the John Terry.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Fair point. I can't help thinking that there's a "Nigerian prince" lurking in the background....

Ah, PF beat me to it.

14. mercurydancer

mercurydancer LE Book Reviewer

Actually the thought of John Terry getting all fecked off over a failed investment made my day.

15. Thanks Pigshyt, Im currently awaiting arrest and routine buggerings. This has cheered me up no end.