Mornington Crescent

Sexton Blake

Old-Salt
Hello all, relative newbie here. I only play standard Metropolitan Rules.

One question.

Can anyone tell me how I can get from Colindale to Earls Court in less than 4 moves without passing water?

Many thanks

SB

Remind me, do the standard Metropolitan Rules include a Black Boomerang diversion?

BratMedic

LE
Book Reviewer
No, that would put you in spoon, however, the didgereedooo upside-down option is allowed.
Blackhorse Road.

Chimp

ADC
Just read up on Chadwick’s Law. Deviation 15 states:
“If St James’s Park is used after Madrigals it exempts water and the number of moves.”​

Just read up on Chadwick’s Law. Deviation 15 states:
“If St James’s Park is used after Madrigals it exempts water and the number of moves.”​
That was amended at the Lake Placid Conference.
The new ruling is that it can only occur on a Bank Holiday, when there is an R in the month, and the player signals his or her intention to avoid any water hazard.

BratMedic

LE
Book Reviewer
Is that the one about not wearing brown shoes in town?
Good grief!!! Brown boots? Brown boots? What on earth are you thinking? That invokes the Cherry Blossom 7th amendment of Maj Gen Scratchknacker's folly. I can only suggest:
BUCKHURST HILL

Sexton Blake

Old-Salt
Is that the one about not wearing brown shoes in town?
That’s correct, and also never being seen carrying a parcel in town either.

Thank you for the suggested moves so far however, can I also use back doubles on the way?

That’s correct, and also never being seen carrying a parcel in town either.

Thank you for the suggested moves so far however, can I also use back doubles on the way?
Back Doubles should only be attempted by those with a strong moral character and the fortitude to undertake such manoeuvres. They are not to be used as some shortcut to attain a temporary feeling of mild euphoria.
The last known attempt was undertaken by the late Harold Fortescue Blenkinsopp of Seven Oaks in 1973, and we all know how that turned out.
You should stick to the Gamma Gammon Triple. A similar result to BD's but it will ensure you are at least able to enjoy Christmas among your family and friends.

Sexton Blake

Old-Salt
Back Doubles should only be attempted by those with a strong moral character and the fortitude to undertake such manoeuvres. They are not to be used as some shortcut to attain a temporary feeling of mild euphoria.
The last known attempt was undertaken by the late Harold Fortescue Blenkinsopp of Seven Oaks in 1973, and we all know how that turned out.
You should stick to the Gamma Gammon Triple. A similar result to BD's but it will ensure you are at least able to enjoy Christmas among your family and friends.
Thank you for such kind and wise words. I will take on board all you say.

Indeed, my aspirations to attempt an 'Inkerman Reverse' shall now be put on hold until further notice.

I trust you have no objection if I contact you in the future should I also try a Corsican Straddle at some point.

I remain Sir etc, etc.

Thank you for such kind and wise words. I will take on board all you say.

Indeed, my aspirations to attempt an 'Inkerman Reverse' shall now be put on hold until further notice.

I trust you have no objection if I contact you in the future should I also try a Corsican Straddle at some point.

I remain Sir etc, etc.
Corsican Straddle? Sorry, that’s way above my pay grade.

Sexton Blake

Old-Salt
Corsican Straddle? Sorry, that’s way above my pay grade.
Understood.

For clarity the Inkerman Reverse was first attempted by Lt Col Peter Cummin-Myear during the ill fated Anglo - Russian Match in 1902. In case children are present I won't go into details now.

I have heard that the Corsican Straddle allows a player to slide betwixt any 3 lateral stations simultaneously as long as Carski's protocol has been observed, yet, and here is the clincher, not actually followed.

I take your point, perhaps too advanced for me at this stage.

However, I do hope a new game is commenced soon.

Rgds

SB

Understood.

For clarity the Inkerman Reverse was first attempted by Lt Col Peter Cummin-Myear during the ill fated Anglo - Russian Match in 1902. In case children are present I won't go into details now.

I have heard that the Corsican Straddle allows a player to slide betwixt any 3 lateral stations simultaneously as long as Carski's protocol has been observed, yet, and here is the clincher, not actually followed.

I take your point, perhaps too advanced for me at this stage.

However, I do hope a new game is commenced soon.

Rgds

SB
Was the last move not Arnos Grove? There is no reason (at least my copy of Moletrouser & Neepstrangler 3rd Ed says so) that I cannot literally invert, drop sideways, avoid Minogue’s Cleft and end up at

Golders Green

Sexton Blake

Old-Salt
Was the last move not Arnos Grove? There is no reason (at least my copy of Moletrouser & Neepstrangler 3rd Ed says so) that I cannot literally invert, drop sideways, avoid Minogue’s Cleft and end up at

Golders Green
Cockfosters.

Sexton Blake

Old-Salt
We are all Gentlemen here, therefore we prefer the expression "Two stops from Dagenham"

Goldhawk Road.
Because I haven’t passed water yet I think I am safe in playing Stamford Brook at this juncture of proceedings?

Latest Threads