Mornington Crescent

The well-known and much-loved Radio 4 challenge of Mornington Crescent has been disallowed by "management".

This message will shortly disappear as well, just as we were training an American .... :roll:

Do you have a link for that?

Haven't played recently, but Mornington Crescent is better than chess - real tactical skill needed as well as cash for the bar afterwards. How dare they?

No, sorry, the thread got stripped out.

Too much bandwidth, off-thread, too much fun ... that sort of thing.

Just when I'd got someone pinned in at GUNNERSBURY, IIRC

Legs

ADC
Book Reviewer
Call me a daft bint if you like...

but....

How do you play Mornington Crescent anyway? It all seems a bit random to me.

Theydon Bois...always assuming we are playing Grunbaum's Third Proposition?

mysteron

LE
Book Reviewer
I must admit I have not come across Mornington Cresent. (Please note that my wah radar is set to Zero at this time). Could someone enlighten me please.

blue_sophist said:
The well-known and much-loved Radio 4 challenge of Mornington Crescent has been disallowed by "management".

This message will shortly disappear as well, just as we were training an American .... :roll:
I was winning too :x

Stand by.

To avoid deletion, I shall start a new thread.

Rules changes to ensure that whichever station you select has some military history associated with the name.

Heading off to "Military History" thing ... I shall return with the link shortly.

I am fortunate enough to have a first edition of The Rules of Mornington Crescent signed by the original panel members.

Swiss Cottage (using Diagelev's Double Diagonal).

Bullet Sponge said:
FluffyBunny said:
It's not your go BS
It is, I played Malcom Ferringers late for work queue jump option 8)
Since Ferringer was laid off in the City restructuring a few months ago, use of his "late for work" option has, by convention, ceased.

Back of the queue sonny.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Roadster280 The Intelligence Cell 12
Bollock-chops Old & Bold 5
R The Intelligence Cell 36