Morning all, newbee here!!!

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Officer Recruiting' started by sing_song, Mar 11, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hello hello,

I have been lingering in the shadows for the last week or so and have finally got round to posting on here.

I am currently located in the tropical climates of Singapore, where at the moment I am mixing business with pleasure to the extent of working about 4 days per week and training mostly every day.

My first stage AOSB is imminent and booked in for the 10th and 11th of April.

My inside leg measurement is 32 inches, which I hope meets the standards expected for the British Army Officer. I have a pet goldfish called Chewbacca, a Lotus Elise that I manage to crash at least one a year, my mum is a dwarf, I once laughed so much with excitement before doing a bungee jump that I may have been "standing to attention" ;) andddddddddddd I have just got back from a two hour Mhai Thai session where I was constantly beaten and attacked my my instructor and the hardest but smallest woman in the world lol.

On a serious note, this looks like a great forum, and I hope to meet up with a few of you in the future either at board stage and then finally RMAS.

I am currently going through the MAP tests ready for my pre-stage AOSB...so if anyone could point me in the direction of a link where some additional test are available I will be very grateful.

Cheers everyone.

:D

2. Ravers

Ravers LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

You're in Singers?

Why are you posting on here and not hanging out the back of a Vietnamese hooker from the four floors of whores?

(Orchard Towers for those not in the know.)

3. How is Gary?

4. Lucky you in Singapore!!

There are some on here that I used to practice:
    http://www.assessmentday.co.uk.

The numerical ones are slightly harder than what you may get at briefing as you will need a calculator for these but still helps to practice!

Good luck for your briefing!!

5. Booked for briefing on 10th / 11th April as well.

Above link is one the best i have found so far, but by the love of god i am sick of the damn things.

Also........ http://www.psl.co.uk/practice/

see you there.

6. lol, thanks for the posts everyone.

The novelty of Orchard towers wears off pretty quickly....it is now getting harder and harder to define the difference between a beautiful Thai girl and a beautiful Thai boy LMAO.

Plus to make things worse, local girls will stick to you like a fat kid to its tuck money - they are alllll so desperate to hook up with and marry an expat - no matter what you look like. So I suppose you could argue that there is hope for some lol.

The weather here is intense and humid at the moment, but is deffinitely helping in the training department.

Thanks for the link, I will crack on with these :D

7. Oh and see you there Dodgy_dodge!!!

8. howtobecome.co.uk has some good prep stuff, but are not free.

9. What's the deal with them?

Are their courses any good?
    They seem to offer a lot which leads me to believe no.

10. LMAO :lol:

11. Dear Sing_song, a very warm welcome indeed to ARRSE.

Don't lend Flashy any money! :D :D :D

MsG

12. And that would be different to the other 364 days of the year how? :D

13. Compared to the days when it decides to absolutely honk it down...as in today, yesterday, prob tomorrow lol :D I was running this morning...it looked like it was going to rain, I thought to myself ahhhh I'll be fine prob just a shower!!!!!! Yes a shower indeed, it last 7 minutes but pretty much dropped the entire contents of the pacific ocean in that time :D

To quote Forest Gump - "Big old fat rain..." lol!!!!!

14. those howtobecome guides are utter quaff! Just go in with a smile and your top button done up and you'll be fine!

15. Which Muay Thai gym are you training at?

There's a guy from the contender that owns or runs a gym in Sing, Zach is it?

I miss training in the tropics, not having to wear three layers of clothing to go out and run..Although running 5 miles feels like a marathon in the humidity and being chased by stray rabies infected dogs was not my favourite part...

All the best to you, try this site for sample Plan Ex: http://www.gumnutadventures.com/forms/