Morgan freeman solves the race problem.

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by radiorental, Feb 22, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. The man makes a good point, in that by and large its the bleeding hearts who come up with these retarded intiatives who are the ones promoting racial divisions (KKK, EDL and other fringe mongs aside). White, Black, Latino, Asian etc you're American/British whatever first.
  2. Quite DI, try organising a 'white history month' in say Tanzania and you would be laughed out of court. They realise quite correctly, that you can't choose your skin colour but you can choose an attitude. I don't want to be lumped together with a bunch of neo Nazi thugs during a 'white history month,' simply because we share a melanin deficiency. What patronising PC drivel!

I would be interested to hear what MF thought about the use of the N word?
  3. Personally I think a hate words a hate word, and just because you're the 'right colour' doesn't give you an excuse to use it. Can't imagine Jewish people going around calling each other untermensch or kyke using the daft excuse of taking back the words or empowering themselves that some use to defend use of the N word. I'm in no way shape or forma bleeding heart but it does actually **** me off immensly when on the Xbox Live, sadly more often then not with Americans, and every other word is nigger.
  4. rampant

rampant LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

I like it, he is positing an argument beautiful in its simplicity whilst also artfully subtle and complex.

"I don't want a Black History Month"

"Black History is American History"

His argument is saying that what we isolate as Black or Ethnic History is in fact History as a whole. That individuals such as Ignatius Sancho or Olaudah Equiana should not be held up as individuals of note because of their race but as remarkable individuals in themselves and because of their achievements.

If we take that argument further and look at British History in the Modern Period (1700-Present) it is not simple the History of these rain-sodden North Atlantic Isles but the History of a significant portion of the world. It incorporates the history of Africa, India, Australia, New Zealand, Canada etc etc because these were Britain. Britain, Empire and it's populace were all one and the same: 300 years of Indian History are 300 years of British History, 400 years of Carribean History are 400 years British History and so on and so forth.
  5. In a nut shell. Go up to any black woman on the campus of any university in this country and call her a N bitch and you would be out on your ear no questions asked. It's ok to let kids listen to 'gangsta' rap however, with it's colorful descriptions of bitches, hoes blah blah etc While the various artists producing this shoite remain immune from any type of sanction. "Art innit bruv? Shank you up blud!"

Un-*******-believable .................
  6. Blimey!! Two firsts! A yank with common sense and a black guy who doesn't want to play the race card! Maybe there is hope!
  7. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

Lets face it he doesnt need to. I really dropped one at work and as usual after a few beers wound up the new safety girl. She was Black and from Yorkshire so got a serious bit of pisstaking wrong side of the pennines stuff not racism). The PC mob took offence but she actually shouted down the bleeding heart brigade in my favour and we've been good friends ever since. In her favour she does have great norks!
    Funnily enough one of the PC whingers tried to report me for racism and the safety girl stood up against her. The whinger ended up leaving our department, it seems she was always angling for promotion to keep her quiet and found that she had definetly topped out and blown everyones tolerance levels!
  8. I don't see what all the fuss is about, I've always treated my slaves well.
  9. Cold_Collation

Cold_Collation LE Book Reviewer

Having spent some time in Dallas with work a couple of years back, I was surprised to find just how many black Americans are scornful of PC-ness. Largely because it patronises. Those I spoke to were too busy trying to make a living to be bothered with the rabble-rousers.

Back here, I had a conversation with a black girl I once worked with - oh, about 10-12 years back. She was saying that she really thought progress was being made because WH Smith in East Croydon now had a Black Interest section among the books. I just looked at her and said she should consider whether REAL progress was being made if there wasn't one. She paused, smiled and then agreed. Then did that laugh people do when they've just realised something for the first time.

Not everyone plays the race card, in the same way that not everyone is a bigot. But we do think along rails without really thinking about it sometimes.
  10. MoreThan Freeman solved my insurance problem.
  11. No they really weren't.

Any non British person who managed to excel would have done so in spite of the fact not becuase they were part of the empire.

You really wouldn't believe the level of racism that was not only accepted but seen as normal and proper attitude during that time.
  12. BuggerAll

BuggerAll LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

Of course he is right but...

I also understand where the sensible side of the 'black history' lot are coming from too. I can well understand why a black child studying history in a British school may find that there is nothing in it for them. As a Scot going to school in England I often felt a little dissassociated from the English history I was taught. So bringing to their attention that there were black pilots in the Battle of Britain etc gives them a way for them to link into British history and being part of society. It also gives them people they can look up and aspire to be rather than aspiring to be gangstas (innit).

Of course as with anything that is a good idea in small doses its been overdone and perverted by vested interests to the point where it is damaging to the minorities and to the majority.

13. Never heard of that before.
    I know that prior to 1939 no non Europeans could join but thought there were only Indian pilots who actively took part in the BoB?
    Or are you just using black to cover all minority ethnicities ?