More willy waving ??

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by LoneTree, Sep 13, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Argentina are getting pally with the chinks & "contracts" have been signed by thier defence minister. Is this just posturing or would Argentina blow vast chunks of money they have not got on some of the kit listed in the link below ? He also says Argentina needs to seriously update its navy to be able to take on the RN. Intresting to see how this pans out.. Thoughts gents.

Argentina supports Beijing's claims in South China Sea: minister

LT

2. If they spend the kind of money they're talking about with a "flotilla" of ships and a fifth gen. fighter aircraft (albeit a paper one) then....

It's Puerta Argentina instead of Port Stanley isn't it?

It's a very, very big if though.

3. Frankly anything that puts defence spending in the public eye can only be a good thing.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Jesus Argentina are whores. Ooohh China, you've got a big one. Those Islands are definitely yours. Wow, you're so hard. Oh and by the way could you help us grab something that was never ours but is in the same Ocean we are.

5. BiscuitsAB

BiscuitsAB LE Moderator

Quote "To face the challenge of Britain's Royal Navy over the Falklands, Puricelli also said Argentina's navy will need to import advanced combat ships "

What? the Andrew have flying ships now? I though HMS Valiant was just a model in DW.

6. Fitted for, but not with matelots?

7. Argentinas latest Military purchase is 60 copys of an alpha jet.
    They ave a couple of 20 year od german subs still in crates.
    The idea that they will ve buying stealth jets and advanced combat ships.
    Makes the mod plans seem sane.

8. Perhaps they would be better off learning not to upset Washington?

9. Grumblegrunt

Grumblegrunt LE Book Reviewer

if the chinese are the only ones who will sell them kit then they will go for it. if they do have german sub tech even older gen they might ned up heading north to become a 'night club'

if they start learning how to do Air to air refueling then someone at whitehall should start thinking a bit more. and send some apache southwards.

10. I need to win the ****ing Euromillions, doesnt mean it's going to happen though.

All I read from that article is that Argentina is more desperate and much further away from even the idea of retaking the Falklands then I thought.

Useless *****.