• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

More UK Deaths in Afghanistan 06/09

BBC News is reporting one soldier killed and five injured by a landmine in Southen afghanistan.

A British soldier has been killed and five others were "very seriously injured" by a landmine in Afghanistan, the Ministry of Defence has said.
The soldier was part of a Nato International Security Assistance Force (Isaf) patrol in Helmand province in southern Afghanistan.

The patrol strayed into an unmarked minefield, Isaf said in a statement.
RIP, I wish a speedy recovery to the injured.

LONDON (Reuters) - One British soldier was killed and six injured by a land mine in southern Afghanistan, the Ministry of Defense said on Wednesday.

A spokeswoman said five of the injured were in serious condition. The incident took place in the north of Helmand province, where Britain has about 4,000 troops as part of a NATO peace force.

My prayers for the injured soldiers, and the medical teams fighting to keep them with us.

My condolences to the family, colleagues and friends of another young hero.

RIP

A very bad week indeed...

Rest In Peace, brave soul.

My sincere condolences to those who grieve and my best wishes for full and speedy recoveries to those wounded.

In this sad world of ours,
sorrow comes to all...
Perfect relief is not possible,
except with time.
You cannot now realize
that you will ever feel better...
And yet this is a mistake.
You are sure
to be happy again.
—Abraham Lincoln

Another tragedy.

My thoughts are with the family & friends of the soldier who died, and the injured.

I know that RCDM is particularly busy at the moment, and this incident will increase their workload. I think particularly of the welfare, aeromed and patient admin staff and chaplains.

They shall grow not old,
as we that are left grow old;
age shall not weary them,
nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun
and in the morning,
we will remember them.
We will remember them.

Legs

ADC
Book Reviewer
Once more we mourn the loss of a Brother. Rest in Peace. You will never be forgotten by your Forces Family. A speedy recovery to the injured.

Latest Threads