More Trouble For The Murdochs

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by Mr_Fingerz, Mar 9, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Mr_Fingerz

Mr_Fingerz LE Book Reviewer

Ofcom steps up test of James Murdoch's fitness to keep BSkyB role | Media | The Guardian (c) The Grauniad

Ofcom have set up a team to see if James Murdoch is a "fit and proper person" to head up Sky TV, and whether News Corporation is a fit and proper investor.

If they come to the conclusion that neither party fits the bill, Sky will have to turn its self off, or divest itself of both its chairman and largest shareholder.

Given the forced closure of NOTW, and the various police operations involving News Corp, I wouldn't be at all surprised if the Murdochs weren't given a **** off tablet by the regulator.

This is all off the back of the Leveson Inquiry by the way.

2. TheIronDuke

TheIronDuke LE Book Reviewer

3. The Murdochs aren't fit and proper to run a pissoir IMO.
    But then my meeja credentials are limited to reading the Beano so perhaps tests, and not just a big FO are warranted

4. If you don't see this reported on Sky News then the Murdock's are burying it. If you don't see Sky News, Ofcom have acted.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Mr_Fingerz

6. You may think that but he'll soon be denying having seen the email, been at the meeting or being told by sundry Lawyers, editors and flunkies that he was in charge. ;)

• Like Like x 1
  7. Mr_Fingerz

So apart from being Daddy's Little Soldier, what was he being paid for?

8. Being a scapegoat.

9. the_boy_syrup

the_boy_syrup LE Book Reviewer

I'm waiting for the Murdoch's to strike back.
    They've had pretty much every P.M. and shed loads of polititions,police and celebs in their back pockets for years.
    I'm sure once they've absorbed all the damage from Prescott.Vaz and Campbell they will fire a broadside of their own.
    Sky T.V. alone employs 17,000 people no way will he Govermet let hem dum that many on the dole at one point.

10. Those filters on the Executive Coffee machine have got to changed by someone you know.
    I'd like to think that he was being paid large amounts to, in part, oversee the integrity of a major media organisation, rather than just tongueing his dads ring with sales figures in the race to inheirit the family jewels.
    But then I'm merry on Lagavulin so my views are worth so much pixie dust.

11. Do not even consider sending those two to clean my pissoir, I am very particular about its cleanliness. Those two would probably cover the place in shite.

12. That's the Aussie in them, durty durty baestewards.

13. How very dare you! I'll have you know our shit pits are immaculate.

14. Only cos a Moari cleans them for you! :)

15. TheIronDuke

TheIronDuke LE Book Reviewer

Any striking back will be put on hold until about 6 months before the next election and all sides know it. Question now, is will OFCOM bite or suck? Take a look at their registered interests and I would say the lot of them have a fair old stake in not rocking boats. Too many nice Quango posts on offer and maybe a sniff at the Lords? (Oh, Lilley doesn't mention that in '08 he was News International Visiting Professor of Broadcast Media at Oxford Uni).

[h=2]Lord Blackwell (Member)[/h]
    • Lord Blackwell sits as a Conservative Peer in the House of Lords
    • Chairman, Interserve plc
    • Senior Independent Director, Standard Life plc
    • Board member of the Centre for Policy Studies
    • Non executive Director of Halma plc.
    • Commissioner of Postcomm
    [h=2]Tim Gardam (Member)[/h]
    • Principal of St Anne’s College, Oxford
    • Director of St Anne’s College Services Limited
    • Chair of the Reuters Institute for the Study of Journalism at Oxford University
    [h=2]Dr David Levy (Member)[/h]
    • Non-executive board member, France 24
    • Member of Oxford Global media, group of independent media consultants
    • Director, Reuters Institute, University of Oxford
    • Pensioner, BBC
    [h=2]Anthony Lilley (Member)[/h]
    • Director of Magic Lantern Productions Limited
    • Director of Edinburgh International Television Festival
    • Director of Insider Online Media Ltd
    • Chair of Lighthouse Arts and Training Ltd
    • Trustee of English National Opera
    • Director of Zespa Media Ltd