More Troops to Iraq.

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Nutstrangler, Apr 22, 2004.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Quote
    British Forces in Iraq could be reinforced to improve security in the country, Foreign Secretary Jack Straw has indicated.

Mr. Straw acknowledged that British Forces are likely to be in Iraq"at least for a couple of years", adding "it could be longer".

Straw told BBC Radio 4 "The troop numbers are kept under review, the Prime Monster made this clear on Wednesday, in the House of Commons,and if there is a need for more troops to be sent, then I'm quite sure that my colleague Guff Hoon, will arrange for that to happen".

Great, so where are they coming from? I was under the impression that the Forces were already overstretched, and here's this gob-on-a-stick promising more. :evil:

2. Same place TB will get all those extra Doctors, Nurses and Teachers from. Right out his ARRSE!!!

3. They're talking about cutbacks and now we hear them spouting shiit about sending out more bloody troops!

What bloody planet are these fickwits from? Not this one!

Put them in uniform for 3 years and let them get an idea of ficking overstretch :evil:

4. Mr Happy

Mr Happy LE Moderator

It's been said elsewhere, people shouldn't be allowed to vote unless they've served or pay taxes or work for the governement.

5. I've seen worrying reports that the spams are begging for us to take over the lead in Multinational Divn South-Centre. Feel the overstretch stretch a tad tighter...

6. If Buffoon was to say:

1. All tours are now 4 months long
    2. You will get 1 month off between tours.

I would quite happily spend years on tour.

I know that CGS is looking into something like this (not 1 month TI, obviously) but certainly 4 month tours.

After all, I volunteered to serve! :D

7. If Buffoon was to say:

1. All tours are now 4 months long
    2. You will get 1 month off between tours.

I would quite happily spend years on tour.

I know that CGS is looking into something like this (not 1 month TI, obviously) but certainly 4 month tours.

After all, I volunteered to serve! :D #

PS Why don't they ask for volunteers for Iraq and other theatres - Units would be obliged to release those that volunteered (with the attendant career penalty of course!)

8. So did we all mate but my medal mounting bill is getting ridiculous lately. Also my chest is not that big.

I am sure many others out there joined knowing full well we may and will do tours but the amount as of late is farcical. I myself had 3 tours in 12 months! I have a life to lead and my wife (she who must be obeyed!) is ready to send me forth to the Mess for good if I depart for foreign shores again!

9. Yes, medal mounting is getting expensive - and the quality differs between the various outlets, I see that the TELIC 1 miniature is now on general release.

Anyway, back on thread!

I have done 10 tours in 12 years - about average I should think. I don't blame your long haired CO for getting the arrse after the last 12 months! :D