MORE TROOPS TO IRAQ??

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by babiesarm, Aug 21, 2003.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. With luck, he may not be "in post" for long enough to be able to do that!
    :twisted:

2. Ventress

Ventress LE Moderator

And where pray tell will the MoD get the extra troops from? The troops returning from Telic 1 POTL?

Unfortunately the TA cupboard is nearly bear and the barrell is scrapped, I should know as I am the barrell scrappings! Trust me the TA goodwill has dried up. We've all done RMTC and it's disappointing to say the least. The boys we have out on Ops now are the blokes PSI's shudder about as they spend all week licking their .44 Magnums dressed in Tiger-stripe and waiting for the next training weekend!

They could try Soldiers R 'Us! Luckily Ms Hewitt will be the new SoS for Defence and she can push through all her great initatives she drove in the DTI! Enjoy!

3. msr

msr LE

QMan,

Far from it, plenty of blokes in my Sqn up for it....

msr

4. Plenty of RLC SNCO and Officers as well.

5. Some TA peeps might be up for it, but can HMG really sell the need to mobile the TA on another round of this charade? Especially when in the eyes of Joe-Public we now have about 19,000 regular troops who aren't clicking their heels on the firefighting fiasco?
    :?

6. Dirt_Diver

Dirt_Diver LE Moderator

As long as the LSSA keeps comming, then I'll go back out there for a bit... :wink:

7. Ventress

Ventress LE Moderator

A voice in the wilderness.

8. I thought they were looking for other countries to supply troops not those already here to provide more. Certainly know that the FRENCH are not going to be forth coming!!! No change there then....

9. [​IMG]

Get the un to clean up the S**T, if they can?

10. well rumour control has more infantry ta being called up in november. cant say the thought of my first christmas off ends up gate
    guard in basra :( . But I signed up so guess I get i have to go .
    At Least the extra training will be useful when the military coup happens please make it soon :D

11. i heard the inf going in nov will be the light infantry

12. Dirt_Diver

Dirt_Diver LE Moderator

I heard and Arty unit are going in nov in the inf role aswell. 26 reg I beleive.

13. With the dreadful news today from Basra, I'd say there will definately be more troops going

Christ what a mess.

14. OldSnowy

OldSnowy LE Moderator Book Reviewer

Without wishing to be depressing, if you are TA Infantry warned off for TELIC3, take my advice and speak to some of them out here now - they are, to say the least, not at all happy about what they are doing, as opposed to what they were told that they would be doing.