More transgender nonsense

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
"A transgender woman has been able to breastfeed a baby in the first recorded case of its kind, researchers say.

The 30-year-old wanted to breastfeed after her pregnant partner said she did not want to do it herself..."

Transgender woman 'breastfeeds baby'
Researchers said further investigation was needed to determine the optimal treatment for transgender women wishing to breastfeed
Or they could read Dr. Fackler's publications.

Are you Monosexual? Have you ever been discriminated against because of your monosexuality? Have you been deliberately excluded from the Equalities Act 2010? Does society deride your sexuality, call you names, or arrest and jail you for being openly monosexual in public?
Monosexuality is more common among primates than homosexuality, and unlike 'Transgender', it's not classified by the WHO as a psychiatric disorder. Monosexuality is non-violent and open to all genders. No monosexual ever raped him or herself. Monosexuality doesn't oblige you to have sex with people older, fatter or uglier than yourself.
In fact it's entirely natural. Not only that, it's cheaper than other sexualities, doesn't obligate you to invent meaningless compliments, or wear perfumes and aftershave. It doesn't even require a meal for one. (You can though buy yourself a drink afterwards.) Monosexuality doesn't discriminate on grounds of looks or age, and it's one of the few activities still legal for 13 year olds.
Stand up for *******' Rights! Join the Tosser Party now!
Gregory Hartl, a spokesman for the WHO, said the ICD-10 doesn’t really list being transgender as a mental health disease — even if it is located in that chapter. “The conditions in that block are not mental diseases, and gender incongruence is not classified as a mental disease — although that block is located inside the chapter ‘Mental and Behavioural Disorders,’” Hartl wrote in an email.

Is being transgender a mental illness? WHO text suggests so

Gregory Hartl, a spokesman for the WHO, said the ICD-10 doesn’t really list being transgender as a mental health disease — even if it is located in that chapter. “The conditions in that block are not mental diseases, and gender incongruence is not classified as a mental disease — although that block is located inside the chapter ‘Mental and Behavioural Disorders,’” Hartl wrote in an email.

Is being transgender a mental illness? WHO text suggests so
I'll stick to wanking then, happy in the knowledge that it is not considered a mental health issue.

I’m currently recruiting for a role and l received an application for a job from someone called George whose CV listed a previous job as a waiter (not waitress). Now, you would assume that he was male wouldn’t you? Well that’s what l assumed yesterday when I sent a rejection email to he/she/it and l got a very rude email back saying that he/she/it was transgender and that we would be hearing from their lawyer!!!! I give up.

I’m currently recruiting for a role and l received an application for a job from someone called George whose CV listed a previous job as a waiter (not waitress). Now, you would assume that he was male wouldn’t you? Well that’s what l assumed yesterday when I sent a rejection email to he/she/it and l got a very rude email back saying that he/she/it was transgender and that we would be hearing from their lawyer!!!! I give up.
Were you advertising for Waitress? Assuming so and that this does not contravene equality legislation then it would appear to me (no expert on employment law by the way) that you don't really have a case to answer.

It is often thought that discrimination is unlawful but it is not, there are characteristics that allow for legal discrimination and those that are illegal. Hypothetical situation, if you advertise for someone for a job that involves climbing ladders you can exclude wheelchair bound people, that is legal discrimination, so assuming you were legally allowed to discriminate between male and female in this case then there is no case to answer, you made an objective/impartial decision on information as presented to you.

I doubt if you have to lose any sleep over a lawyers letter arriving on the doormat. Even Phil Shiner would probably toss this one straight in the bin.

Gregory Hartl, a spokesman for the WHO, said
How did The WHO get roped in? I know Keith was a bit suspect after a pint or two of voddy, but his moobs were natural.

How did The WHO get roped in? I know Keith was a bit suspect after a pint or two of voddy, but his moobs were natural.
Well Pete was always an experimental pioneer in music so maybe he extended that pioneering spirit further afield and so the inspiration for "I can't explain" came from his research into the topic. Keith just stayed pissed in the corner while all of this was going on.

Were you advertising for Waitress? Assuming so and that this does not contravene equality legislation then it would appear to me (no expert on employment law by the way) that you don't really have a case to answer.

It is often thought that discrimination is unlawful but it is not, there are characteristics that allow for legal discrimination and those that are illegal. Hypothetical situation, if you advertise for someone for a job that involves climbing ladders you can exclude wheelchair bound people, that is legal discrimination, so assuming you were legally allowed to discriminate between male and female in this case then there is no case to answer, you made an objective/impartial decision on information as presented to you.

I doubt if you have to lose any sleep over a lawyers letter arriving on the doormat. Even Phil Shiner would probably toss this one straight in the bin.
Thank you for your interesting and reassuring information. The role is for a live-in carer and as most of the clients are elderly females (and ‘person centred care’ prevails, and so it should) there are not so many opportunities for male carers. I always respond nicely to every male applicant and explain that we have recently taken on some male carers (true) and that we don’t have any placements to offer to any more male carers at the moment (true) but that should things change l will happily contact them to see whether they are still looking for work (true, if they sound any good). If I am unsure of an applicant’s gender I phone them and it’s usually then obvious when they start speaking, but how can you tell that someone is transgender from their voice? I must admit that l was a bit worried when l first read the email, l don’t know how to get around it.....can l specify ‘female only’ in the job ad?

Thank you for your interesting and reassuring information. The role is for a live-in carer and as most of the clients are elderly females (and ‘person centred care’ prevails, and so it should) there are not so many opportunities for male carers. I always respond nicely to every male applicant and explain that we have recently taken on some male carers (true) and that we don’t have any placements to offer to any more male carers at the moment (true) but that should things change l will happily contact them to see whether they are still looking for work (true, if they sound any good). If I am unsure of an applicant’s gender I phone them and it’s usually then obvious when they start speaking, but how can you tell that someone is transgender from their voice? I must admit that l was a bit worried when l first read the email, l don’t know how to get around it.....can l specify ‘female only’ in the job ad?
First things first, get some authoritative advice as to whether it is OK in this case to state female only. Secondly if any male then applies I would just decline without giving a reason other than point them to the statement of female only and maybe that this is something you have checked and are allowed to do.

I wouldn't get into any discussion about hiring males at earlier times and that if you look for any more in future you will get back to them. This is just more fuel on the fire I feel and even though you are being nice you never know how and when such statements might come back to haunt you in future. It is like the car crash scenario, never say anything at the time to the other party beyond what you are legally obliged to provide, never say sorry, even though that sounds like a polite thing to do, an apology might be construed as admission of guilt, what are you sorry for, you must have done something wrong if you are apologising?

First things first, get some authoritative advice as to whether it is OK in this case to state female only. Secondly if any male then applies I would just decline without giving a reason other than point them to the statement of female only and maybe that this is something you have checked and are allowed to do.

I wouldn't get into any discussion about hiring males at earlier times and that if you look for any more in future you will get back to them. This is just more fuel on the fire I feel and even though you are being nice you never know how and when such statements might come back to haunt you in future. It is like the car crash scenario, never say anything at the time to the other party beyond what you are legally obliged to provide, never say sorry, even though that sounds like a polite thing to do, an apology might be construed as admission of guilt, what are you sorry for, you must have done something wrong if you are apologising?
That’s sensible advice, thank you. I will be airing my concerns next week as this is something that has been bothering me for a while.

That’s sensible advice, thank you. I will be airing my concerns next week as this is something that has been bothering me for a while.
Yes, just get the proper advice, I can't imagine they will give you any bad news on the current threat and also help you be sure you are ok in the future. Do the CYA properly and then sleep well.

Well Pete was always an experimental pioneer in music so maybe he extended that pioneering spirit further afield and so the inspiration for "I can't explain" came from his research into the topic. Keith just stayed pissed in the corner while all of this was going on.
You aren't a sock puppet account for Bill Bailey, are you?
That was funny stuff!

Roles in care work are covered by the various acts. Yes you can specify gender as it is ultimately up to the service user. Pm me if you want further help.

Roles in care work are covered by the various acts. Yes you can specify gender as it is ultimately up to the service user. Pm me if you want further help.
Thank you. I am the HR Administrator so l get the flak from disgruntled applicants. We also specify that applicants must be drivers - how long before I get an angry email from a non-driver who feels discriminated against!!!! I will pm you.

..under the DDA?