More transgender nonsense thread 2

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
You see, when you're reduced to quoting the Daily Mail on anything you've lost the argument before you start

Please tell me what you read to keep you informed, why do you assume any body that reads the mail is prejudice as most people read many sources of informatiom
IE UK Newspapers Online and Worldwide Newspapers in English;International News Sites/Links; Business News
In the Int world if you quote 'Th Daily Mail' for as your single open-source you get laughed out of the office.....now you might not like it, you might feel that it's a serious newspaper that 'tells it like it is' rather than a right-wing rag that panders to the prejudges of it's target audience, but it isn't, sorry

If you're so interested why not contact them to check the Mail's report isn't deliberately misleading?

Home

The paper's real problem seems to be
"Dorothy Stringer School in Brighton praised by Tatler magazine for a liberal vibe"

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
Makes me wonder if the parent is happier having a trans sexual in the family, rather than a lesbian?
In the article quoted the mother was complaining about her daughter being "encouraged" to become a shapeshifter from the first interview.

Do these counsellors believe they need to meet a quota ?

Here is my little story.
I live in Germany. My son is seven, and in his class he has a classmate, who's younger Brother apparently is 'Trans'. The younger Brother is now six, but this all started when he was five. All the parents have received letters asking them to 'support' the boy as he transitions. Already the boy has had his birth certificate changed, and has a new passport in his new identity. I have no information as to what is happening physically with the boy.
Last week we had to go to a parents meeting at the school regarding this. I stood up, and basically said that I think it is wrong that the school are supporting this. I feel the child should be taken away from the parents (by social services) as they are wrecking this poor child's life. It is obvious that it is the parents who want a little girl (they already have two older boys) and at five years of age no kid can determine if it is male or female. This 'trans' nonsense is obviously just because of the pressure applied by the parents. I was warned by the school that I was being transphobic, but outside after the meeting I had a lot of parents shaking my hand. They all supported what I said, but none of them were confident enough to actually get up and say something.

Five years old fer feck's sake ! It's criminal.

You see, when you're reduced to quoting the Daily Mail on anything you've lost the argument before you start

In the Int world if you quote 'Th Daily Mail' for as your single open-source you get laughed out of the office.....now you might not like it, you might feel that it's a serious newspaper that 'tells it like it is' rather than a right-wing rag that panders to the prejudges of it's target audience, but it isn't, sorry

If you're so interested why not contact them to check the Mail's report isn't deliberately misleading?

Home

The paper's real problem seems to be
"Dorothy Stringer School in Brighton praised by Tatler magazine for a liberal vibe"
"In the Int world if you quote 'Th Daily Mail' for as your single open-source you get laughed out of the office.. "

Supercilious t*^t

"In the Int world if you quote 'Th Daily Mail' for as your single open-source you get laughed out of the office.. "

Supercilious t*^t
There's a lot of us about then. See my post #239. It's not only the 'int' world, but also epidemiologists, medical professionals, scientists and just about anyone who understands how scientific trials and hypothesis testing works.

If agreeing that the DM isn't a good primary source of data makes me a supercilious twat, count me in.

On the other hand, is the underlying phenomenon a potential problem? Yes it is. But it's a complex problem that doesn't reduce to a soundbite, on whichever side of the platform you stand.

For example:

Is 'gender dysphoria a medical condition?
If so, what is its underlying prevalence in the population? (rate of old cases). To be disaggregated by age and original gender.
What is its incidence? (rate of new cases?)
What data have we that i =/= p?
What is the statistical confidence in that data?
If there is an increase in i, what possible explanatory variables are there?
How do these compare to data from other countries and cultures?
To what extent can any change in rates of i be attributed to any of these possible explanatory variables? (Regression analysis)
What are the statistical indicators which might tell us whether the tests are credible (p-number, residuals, etc)
Is the reported incident even true? (It's the DM, after all)
Is it an outlier or part of a wider trend?

But that's science, not outrage, so not a good headline for the DM.

For me, if this story is true, it IS an outrage, but, given that gender dysphoria IS a recognised condition, I think it behooves us to get the facts right first. Whoever we are.

There's a lot of us about then. See my post #239. It's not only the 'int' world, but also epidemiologists, medical professionals, scientists and just about anyone who understands how scientific trials and hypothesis testing works.

If agreeing that the DM isn't a good primary source of data makes me a supercilious twat, count me in.

On the other hand, is the underlying phenomenon a potential problem? Yes it is. But it's a complex problem that doesn't reduce to a soundbite, on whichever side of the platform you stand.

For example:

Is 'gender dysphoria a medical condition?
If so, what is its underlying prevalence in the population? (rate of old cases). To be disaggregated by age and original gender.
What is its incidence? (rate of new cases?)
What data have we that i =/= p?
What is the statistical confidence in that data?
If there is an increase in i, what possible explanatory variables are there?
How do these compare to data from other countries and cultures?
To what extent can any change in rates of i be attributed to any of these possible explanatory variables? (Regression analysis)
What are the statistical indicators which might tell us whether the tests are credible (p-number, residuals, etc)
Is the reported incident even true? (It's the DM, after all)
Is it an outlier or part of a wider trend?

But that's science, not outrage, so not a good headline for the DM.

For me, if this story is true, it IS an outrage, but, given that gender dysphoria IS a recognised condition, I think it behooves us to get the facts right first. Whoever we are.
It is being assumed that my only source of infomation is the dailywail
which is not the case, I answered post #325 which quoted the Dailywail

ExREME..TECH said: post #325
Fashionable Brighton school has 40 children who do not identify with their sex at birth | Daily Mail Online

I answered that post with this
post #326
I wonder what problems this will bring in years to come
Imagine some one having the "chop" or "add on"then later realising later
that it's all a big mistake

It what meant to further the debate'
If people would read the posts correctly they would descover that in the first instant
I didn't quote the Dailywail
Maybe I didn't word my post clearly, I asked if children are being diagnosed
to early and treated to soon, what problems would it bring in the future

It is being assumed that my only source of infomation is the dailywail
which is not the case, I answered post #325 which quoted the Dailywail

ExREME..TECH said: post #325
Fashionable Brighton school has 40 children who do not identify with their sex at birth | Daily Mail Online

I answered that post with this
post #326
I wonder what problems this will bring in years to come
Imagine some one having the "chop" or "add on"then later realising later
that it's all a big mistake

It what meant to further the debate'
If people would read the posts correctly they would descover that in the first instant
I didn't quote the Dailywail
Maybe I didn't word my post clearly, I asked if children are being diagnosed
to early and treated to soon, what problems would it bring in the future
Thanks! I agree it has the potential to be a terrible thing. The one thing worse than finding out you had gender dysphoria would be to be misdiagnosed with gender dysphoria.

If you're interested, look up all the furore with people misunderstanding the accuracy of tests for breast cancer and HIV, and they are things that can be measured objectively and directly, at least to some extent.

Hence the need (IMHO*) for proper data.

* or I'm being a supercilious cnut. Which isn't statistically impossible :)

Anyone else really disappointed with the lack of sexy shemale pics in this thread?

Let me fix that for you
"An opinion column from the Globe & Mail that agrees with my views"

Not exactly an unbiased commentator working to expand knowledge and understanding is she?
It's something that jibes more than screechers claiming that women can have a penis.

But keep on playing up with ostensible adults playing make-believe.

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
It's something that jibes more than screechers claiming that women can have a penis.
If they meet certain aesthetic criteria they can have mine for a while.