More than 230 terror suspects free to stay in Britain

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by whitecity, May 21, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Oh boy!!!!!

And people think T.Blair should go becuase of a little creative accounting!!!! Wood and trees spring to mind. :)
  2. There is a feeling here in the Brumopolis , that if every Somalian was rounded up and deported tomorrow there would be no tears shed.

Is this the view of the far right? No , it's I have heard expressed by members of other immigrant communities who regard the word 'Somalian' as synonymous with 'sponging villainous lowlife'
  3. And it's the predictable ignorant reaction to bogus headlines in so-called newspapers. If people put their energies into getting behind the headlines, or being cautious about fiction dressed up as fact, we might perceive all immigrants as a potential resource worth tapping into and rewarding, rather than exploiting or condemning - just to suit our own ends.
  4. On the one hand, there are people that say that "all immigrants" are bad and should be removed from this fair isle. On the other hand, there are people that say that "all immigrants" are lilly white and should be seen as our saviours. Both concepts are as worthless as the current immigration 'policy'. The fact is that some immigrants are good and some are bad. The bad are dragging down the good and should be dealt with - but aren't. The good should be encouraged and rewarded. The bad should be promptly removed. Move on...
  5. No one says all immigrants. The Somalian so called 'refugees' are in fact for the most part, those Somalians who left Holland where they had been , because the Dutch decided to reduce/suspend their social payments if they couldn't prove they were in danger , as I remember.

No one has said that all Somalians are potential terrorists. However, there are a number of members of that community , who are involved in activities incompatible with refugee or asylum status.
  6. ..Which you know to be the truth because.. Have you ever been to Birmingham? Sounds like I live in a nicer 'burb' than PTP - :wink: - but I can certainly support his soundings of local feeling about the Somali community. Do you remember where two of the failed Somali suicide bombers fled to?

Immigration is a necessary fact, who we let in is the question that needs addressing. As for the terror suspects who can stay, personally I think they should have one in the back of the head and a shallow grave. Killing or planning to kill British citizens deserves an extra-judicial death sentence.
  7. Surely if our laws are explained to them and they accept the help afforded to them by our state -

then choose to break the law (imprisonable offence), they are infringing on OUR HUMAN RIGHTS and therefore should be deported to country of Origin irregardless of the threat to them there.

Its their choice! They know the risks - THE NEEDS OF THE MANY OUTWEIGH THE NEEDS OF THE FEW!

Its bad enough that we have our own home grown spongers who claim off the welfare state without having EVER contributed to it!
  8. 'Terrorism' aside, I differ from you in that I would give anyone convicted of planning murder a long sentence, and anyone found guilty of murder a life sentence. I think you're very wrong to propound this summary death sentence rubbish and you too need to get to the root of the problem. Do a bit of research into the causes. Track the injustices, the reasons why people seek refuge and sympathy in 'civilised' nations. You may find it broadens your outlook a bit and has an ameliorating effect on this blood lust you've got welling up inside. Tolerance is the bottom line. Above all, don't react to headlines that are designed to whip up a frenzy by irresponsible 'newspaper' 'editors'
  9. boring whinging leftie

change the tune frenchperson and use some common, letting 200+ terror suspects walk the streets when we could easily deport them is stupid and could endanger the lifes of british people, and that should be the main concern, British people, be they black, white or whatever

Not some forigner who hasnt put anything into this country, there benifits of being british should be given to them over time once theyve earned them, not just because some twats too lazy/spineless/politically correct to send them back
  10. 33% of what???

8% of what???

If you've got a point to make, at least make it clearly and succinctly instead of offering a meaningless "bogus headline".
  11. Once again I have singularly failed to get my point across. Blood lust is not a character trait I would usually be accussed of, but terrorism/terrorists is exactly what I was referring to because I believe it is a special case. I am NOT advocating the above for any crimes other than the planning and execution of terrorism against British subjects.

As to the causes of Asylum seeking I am well aware of the circumstances that lead people to flee third-world countries/conflict situations and have deep sympathy with many of them. However the rights of people from other parts of the world should not over rule the rights of the resident population of the UK. If people coming in hold a set of moral values that are considered abhorent in UK society, how will that improve the nation?

Tolerance of other people and cultures has been and will remain a moral cornerstone of our society, however the last decade has seen growing international population migrations that both Gov and society have not had time to adapt to. This in turn is fracturing our larger cities into enclaves which are seperate from mainstream society, a minority of these provide a support network to those who would do us harm. Keeping the nation safe is the raison detre of the Gov and if that has to include compromising the human-rights of those foreign nationals who wish us harm by killing terrorists before they get to a courtroom, so be it.

I am far to the left of many arrsers on social issues but the security of this country should be non-negotiable.

Safety is the bottom line, tolerance is a luxury.
  12. somali's may or may not be in danger but considering there country has no functioning goverment and is awash with aks probalby no safe way of sending them back. unfortunatly they probably don't have much reguard for human life growing up in that cesspool.
    A terrorist suspect is just that a suspect there was that algerian pilot who ended up spending a year in jail completely innocent. the evil" tipton taliban" who were so dangerous the US let them free and blairs gov has left at large.
    so are these bad guys or brown and swarthy types with a copy of the koran?
    considering the powers that be locked up a Gay christian pakistani Transvestite as a potential terrorist (about as unlikely an al qaedia candidate as possilbe to be found) They may well be genuine assylum seekers and not bad guys at all
  13. The reason Somalia has no government is simply because of the nature of your average Somali. Public safety must take primacy over the "rights" of potentially dangerous foreigners. Why the hell should we have to accept people who are dangerous into our country? Why the hell should we be unable to deport those we KNOW to be terrorists? Why should we tolerate the murder of a WPC, the vicious slashing of a 12 year old schoolgirl, and the murder of a young and gifted footballer?
    The likes of Frenchperson would allow every rapist and paedophile on the planet to stay in UK. The people who devised the open door policy, that tied our hands with so called "Human" Rights laws and even now are talking about an amnesty of all illegals, should be held to account for the deaths of innocent British citizens. People are dying in the name of diversity because the crypto Stalinists in Neue Arbeit are afraid to take any action in case they lose their precious multi culturist vote. These are real lives that are being sacrificed by a corrupt and inept misrepresentative regime. You wonder why the vote is swinging from from Labour to the BNP? Ask any law abiding working class citizen.
  14. “You’re obliged to pretend respect for people and institutions you think absurd. You live attached in a cowardly fashion to moral and social conventions you despise, condemn and know lack all foundation. It is that permanent contradiction between your ideas and desires and all the dead formalities and vain pretenses of your civilization which makes you sad, troubled and unbalanced. In that intolerable conflict you lose all joy of life and all feeling of personality, because at every moment they suppress and restrain and check the free play of your powers. That’s the poisoned and mortal wound of the civilized world.”

Octave Mirbeau – The Torture Garden

15. Im sorry for this, as I usually like a balanced argument with points for and against but your'e a COCKK