More Telegraph outrage at MOD CS

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by sunnoficarus, Feb 18, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I am outraged. If only we still had the Harrier we could have done something about this!

• Like Like x 2
  2. They are taking a battering this week! In a way, it must piss off the 'junior' members of the CS as they really are poorly paid!

3. The only bonus they should get is: if you do your job as required throughout the year, you will have a job next year.

4. It's because Francis Maude has pissed off someone in Torygraph HQ....

5. The Barclay Twins? Given they're hidden away on their private island and seemingly never make public appearances, I find that difficult to believe.

6. They run the same old crappy story every year. It's the same old CS performance related pay scheme. Lazy journalism at its absolute worst.

7. No, there was a throw-away line at conservativehome.com - and it was the Daily Nazi, I apologise for confusing my right-wing rags......

• Like Like x 1
  8. You were thinking of Paul "We need to do something about paparazzi" Dacre.

9. That's a mendacious comment.

10. So why doesn't it say whether the big winner is Ursula Brennan, 'Turdy' Bernie Gray, or Jon Thompson?

11. I think you'll find it's a smear.

12. jrwlynch

jrwlynch LE Book Reviewer

If you trouble yourself to talk to any MoD CS, you'll discover that the "bonus scheme" was imposed on them by the Treasury a decade ago, and is deeply resented and disliked.

However, given the current exodus, it may not be a problem for too long...

13. My personal money is on it being Bernard Grey (CDM). TO leave a lucrative private sector salary for a job that pays far less than his equivalents in the private sector (barely £100K or a 1* salary) per year, then I suspect he would have had a decent bonus written in to his contract. The scale of money awarded here goes far beyond that awarded to any CS I've ever heard of.

I wonder if his old mate Liam signed off the deal when appointing him - is this a minor political scandal emerging?

14. Bonus culture...meh.

Do your job properly and you get to keep it...there's your bonus.