More stealth taxes?

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by dingerr, Mar 10, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. This government loves its stealth taxes and with the equivalent of an extra £240 required from each household we're bound to be subject to more.

Clicky

2. What El Gordo to increase Taxes, Never.
    john
    Not that Blurs Wars are costing UK much, Two long wars, no mobilization of National resources, all being done on the cheap, wonder what the hidden debt mountain is ?

3. Some mugs need to be found to pay for the Northern Rock fiasco.Not to mention foreign aid and the usual lairbore pet spending projects.

4. The British taxpayer can hardly be called a mug when they don't have much of a choice about paying.

5. With diesel over £5 a gallon ieven stealth taxes hardly are even stealthy any more.
    Most of us are struggling with the burden of taxation these days, how long do the muppets in Whitehall think this level of taxation is sustainable?

6. Ord_Sgt

Ord_Sgt RIP

And this is all just to run things day to day. Theres 570 BILLION that still needs to be repaid, wheres that going to come from?

7. Ord_Sgt

Ord_Sgt RIP

I've just seen this in another Torygraph article and couldn't restrain my laughing.

Do they actually believe what they say, tax in the UK is low, who are they trying to kid? The high tax is the very reason why I and a lot of others choose not to live there. Work my arrse off then hand half over to the government to subsidise idle chavs and pikeys, yeah right. :roll:

8. Ord_sgt, my bold, well the one and only place, our pockets!!!!

When is the next election due?

Stilts

9. Ord_Sgt

Ord_Sgt RIP

Yep you're right stilts. Not mine though, I don't pay UK tax anymore. I live where my contribution is appreciated and they don't take the pish and try and rob me blind because I'm successful.

Next election is spring 2010 at the latest.

10. Here's your answer - £800bn, over 100 of GPD. Even Zimbabwe isn't that bad.

Taken from the Torygraph today: LINK CLICK

11. Ord_Sgt

Ord_Sgt RIP

Thats in addition to the almost 600 billion of 'official' debt. 8O Very tough times ahead.

12. Jump Ship and head for shores further afield.

Whenever they make a mistake with one of there dreamt up stupid policies that's bound to fail even before it get sfunding, they just raise taxes to cover there imcompatent arrses.

13. Until this Government realise that increased taxation is not the panacea for all ills, I will be expecting more “devil in the detail” fiscal léger de main this afternoon.

If this Government was serious on tackling “green issues” incentives are greater inducements that punitive taxation.

The Toyota Prius with the hybrid engine currently retails at £18000. This is inclusive of 10% import duty tax and 17.5% VAT. Exemption of this taxation would reduce the retail value to £13000 making it a viable and affordable alternative to the general public whilst cutting emissions.

Alcohol will be targeted to diminish “binge drinking”. Increasing alcohol taxation to levels out of reach of the majority of the electorate will not only reduce overall revenue, (forcing consumers to spend money abroad on booze cruises) but will act as a catalyst for the weak willed to turn to crime to achieve the buzz of alcohol intoxication much as is seen in the modern drugs culture.

This Government is actively trying to encourage “Britishness” by encouraging school leavers to swear an oath of allegiance, whilst denouncing such institutions as the Last Night of the Proms as culturally out of date, and not being representative of a modern Britain.

These contradictions and confusion are evident within its fiscal policy making. I will be listening to the Chancellors budget this afternoon with a degree of scepticism, as I am sure it will become evident that despite all the well intentioned rhetoric, the true purpose of the budget will be covertly displayed as a method to bail out the Governments financial incompetence.

Rant over until this afternoon.

14. This morning on "The Wright Stuff" (Ch5, just caught the beginning before work...) he said that we're the 3rd most expensive country in the world to live in. That's pretty scary if true, because it's not getting any cheaper or even plateauing.

Anyone have any idea how strong our economy is in world standings?

15. why pay us any more if the gov keep our wages there would not tax us well that the sodding way it feels now brown do me a favour mag to grid your self