More Senior Officer Booze and Covid Japes

And this is why they have civilians to 'advise' the Occifers on political matters, they generally don't be doing the optics very well… well, they were doing the booze optics very well, but not the public perception optics.
There was a saying that what happened in a mess stayed in the mess and that applied to both Officers and The Sgt's mess.
The Cpl's was somewhat different as in our case they were either killing each other or raiding the bar!
That aside the fact that this story has got into the public domain is not good news and whoever felt it was their civil duty to mention it to the press needs a shovel over the head.
The Mess is a home, and too civilians that's a very alien concept, and incidentally as many of us have been repeatedly told The Regiment is a family!

Sarastro

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
What next ? Report someone every time it's dog takes a shit and they don't bag it ? Crosses a double yellow on the road ? Does more than 70 mph on a motorway or fails to use their indicators ?
[PEDANT]..you're allowed to cross them. It's the double white lines down the centre of a road you want to watch out for.... [/PEDANT]
Signed
A Noying
Traffic Engineer

Never claimed to be Reg’. Ever.

And for your obsessive prosecution I did actually beat him across the line :lol:

Furthermore I’m now a civilian, and a skinny one at that, so your originals allegations are also incorrect. So, not fat or indeed a hat :thumleft:

Glad it’s got you so riled up though. Is it the H word that does it? You always bite when the H word is mentioned =D

Do you have anything else?
Anyone not Reg is a hat. Fact.

I'm neither biting nor riled at the mention of anyone other than Reg being hats.

I'm glad you beat the old fella to the finish line.
It doesn't sound like your ego would stand for it.

You're still mega, though.

For a hat.

Anyone not Reg is a hat. Fact.

I'm neither biting nor riled at the mention of anyone other than Reg being hats.

I'm glad you beat the old fella to the finish line.
It doesn't sound like your ego would stand for it.

You're still mega, though.

For a hat.
So if “hat” applies to anyone outside the Parachute Regiment, by definition it only has meaning to those within. Seems a bit odd to use it as an insult against those to whom the term has no meaning...

Regardless, I thought they dished the hats out to anyone in 16AA these days, whether they were an overweight RLC truck driver or the Bde Comd?

So if “hat” applies to anyone outside the Parachute Regiment, by definition it only has meaning to those within. Seems a bit odd to use it as an insult against those to whom the term has no meaning...

Regardless, I thought they dished the hats out to anyone in 16AA these days, whether they were an overweight RLC truck driver or the Bde Comd?
There is no 'if'.

Them's the rules.

The biggest insult is to those souls who endure the rigours of P Coy and consider themselves Airborne, but are still hats at the end of the day.

There was a saying that what happened in a mess stayed in the mess and that applied to both Officers and The Sgt's mess.
The Cpl's was somewhat different as in our case they were either killing each other or raiding the bar!
That aside the fact that this story has got into the public domain is not good news and whoever felt it was their civil duty to mention it to the press needs a shovel over the head.
The Mess is a home, and too civilians that's a very alien concept, and incidentally as many of us have been repeatedly told The Regiment is a family!
The Mess in most places is a bar that serves food throughout the day. Some very lonely singleys might regard a sodexo run hotel as their home, most other soldiers dont.
What happens in the mess stays in the mess was just some old bollocks people said so they could act like belters without sanction.

Euclid

War Hero
There is no 'if'.

Them's the rules.

The biggest insult is to those souls who endure the rigours of P Coy and consider themselves Airborne, but are still hats at the end of the day.
What about the ‘real 2 Para’? Surely they are not ‘hats’?

No, the allegation was that the defendant was a fat hat and I was the alligator.
Alligator?

So you are saying you are a giant lizard.

Makes sense :thumleft:

There is no 'if'.

Them's the rules.

The best bit is getting para pay. Even when you hardly have to jump.

It’s like they pay you not to jump.

Cheers Army :thumleft: Money in the bank.

FORMER_FYRDMAN

LE
Book Reviewer
Enough of this maroon nonsense:

1590692715056.png

From what friends have said really happened puts him up in my estimation. It's a very different slant on the story, which may or may not come out in the wash.
Depends what actions make you think more of a Colonel rather than less.

My source indicates nothing to 'put him up' in anyone's estimation...

Latest Threads