More Senior Officer Booze and Covid Japes

What next? How about they don't contribute to the spread of a disease that has so far killed nearly 40k of Brits.
Maybe the army should withdraw from administering the testing programme , if they are such a source of infection .

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Not sure that's accurately representing the point in the other thread.

But, sure, we should always be actively asking why any officer doesn't have the moral courage to stop something they think is wrong, regardless of relative rank. Given that the Army is a hierarchy, there isn't a great deal of point in moral courage if it's only exercised downwards. You can just call those "orders" and save the time.

If you define 'moral courage' as "telling subordinates to do things they should be doing anyway" - which, broadly, is how the Army teaches it - then you don't really understand what moral courage means.
Moral courage or Career Suicide?

Maybe the army should withdraw from administering the testing programme , if they are such a source of infection .
You mean when they should still be practicing social distancing where they can as opposed to a drunken party.
Are you one the blokes who was caught?

Rod924

LE
Kit Reviewer
What you can’t see in the photo are the OG trousers paired with a pair of NI Patrol Boots. (Probably).
That was me in 86/87

You mean when they should still be practicing social distancing where they can as opposed to a drunken party.
Are you one the blokes who was caught?
How do you know what distances they were keeping ?
I cannot understand this lather of moral indignation when none of the facts have even been established yet .
All we've got is a very inaccurate account in the Sun , which is hardly renowned for it's standards of probity or accuracy .
We don't know even know what 2 PARA's Part 1 orders actually state .
The relationship between tabloids and the Forces has always been a fluid one , and accepting a tabloids account of events is naïve .

I cannot understand this lather of moral indignation when none of the facts have even been established yet .
All we've got is a very inaccurate account in the Sun , which is hardly renowned for it's standards of probity or accuracy .
The relationship between tabloids and the Forces has always been a fluid one , and accepting a tabloids account of events is naïve .

And this is why they have civilians to 'advise' the Occifers on political matters, they generally don't be doing the optics very well… well, they were doing the booze optics very well, but not the public perception optics.

Thank you for your service Colonel Jackson

Jawohl , mein fuhrer !
Befelt est befelt !

What next ? Report someone every time it's dog takes a shit and they don't bag it ? Crosses a double yellow on the road ? Does more than 70 mph on a motorway or fails to use their indicators ?

So, if you see Colonel Jackson stagger out of his mess frat party pissed as a fart and take off out the gate at the speed 'o' heat in his car, you wouldn't report him?

Oyibo

LE
From what friends have said really happened puts him up in my estimation. It's a very different slant on the story, which may or may not come out in the wash.

Last edited:
So, if you see Colonel Jackson stagger out of his mess frat party pissed as a fart and take off out the gate at the speed 'o' heat in his car, you wouldn't report him?
Now you're accusing a man you've never met of being a drink driver .....

When did you go back to wearing your rank in the proper place? On your epaulettes.
Much smarter doncha think?

Chaps in Army barracks can't have a bit of a piss up anymore..
What a nation of fannies we have become.

Let's review the evidence.

You aren't or weren't Para Regt, ergo a Hat.

You were seen off on phys by an old duffer, ergo a fat biff.

A fat Hat, in fact.

The case for the prosecution rests, m'Lud.
Isn't that the case for the defence?

To get the official stance, can somebody phone the number for 16AA's 2i/c and let us know who answers?

Let's review the evidence.

You aren't or weren't Para Regt, ergo a Hat.

You were seen off on phys by an old duffer, ergo a fat biff.

A fat Hat, in fact.

The case for the prosecution rests, m'Lud.
Never claimed to be Reg’. Ever.

And for your obsessive prosecution I did actually beat him across the line :lol:

Furthermore I’m now a civilian, and a skinny one at that, so your originals allegations are also incorrect. So, not fat or indeed a hat :thumleft:

Glad it’s got you so riled up though. Is it the H word that does it? You always bite when the H word is mentioned =D

Do you have anything else?

Last edited:
Yes.

But would expect the matter to be still under investigation 18 months later and a full Colonel still to be on gardening leave? Errrrr NO.

Latest Threads