More Senior Officer Booze and Covid Japes

One bloke/bint has reported officers for acting like cnuts and you have come up with scenarios of the individual assisting terrorists.
Don't worry , he/ she / they will be reporting the Sgts mess next and the block parties next week , assuming the Sun keep on paying .

So, 'Fine by me, he's an Occifer, I know my place' and move on?
The nark will probably move on down the chain of command , looking for pernicious drinking in corridors , married quarters and the Sgts Mess .
I wonder what the motivation is ... Greed or some sort of self righteous crusade ?

FORMER_FYRDMAN

LE
Book Reviewer
Week One, Day One, Lesson One - lead by example, never by do as I say not as I do, or you will loose the respect of your men.

He'd have been the first to crucify the ordinary blokes if they'd held a block party.
In fairness to the accused, the hypocrisy charge is unproven. We don't know whether the word hadn't been quietly put out across the unit to have fun but be discreet and how many blind eyes had been turned and at what level.

A 'Boris Johnson defence'?
The Colonel's statement would read as follows ...
" I was in my office working till a very late hour , when on my way home I noticed the lights of the officer's mess were on .
I alerted a number of officers to the fact that I believed the bar had been broken into , and fearing for my safety I asked 10 , or it may have been 15 , to accompany me to the bar to investigate .
On arriving at the bar I noticed that the shutter was up and there were a number of unfinished drinks on it , 15 , to be precise .
I passed these drinks in a human chain to the 10 or 15 officers to hold whilst I went to the other side of the bar to bring the shutter down .
I can only conclude that some civilian , probably with a chip on his shoulder about class , the armed forces in general and officers in particular , must have seen us and come to the wrong conclusion and phoned a red top newspaper for a financial reward "

Who needs defence barristers anyway .

The Colonel's statement would read as follows ...
" I was in my office working till a very late hour , when on my way home I noticed the lights of the officer's mess were on .
I alerted a number of officers to the fact that I believed the bar had been broken into , and fearing for my safety I asked 10 , or it may have been 15 , to accompany me to the bar to investigate .
On arriving at the bar I noticed that the shutter was up and there were a number of unfinished drinks on it , 15 , to be precise .
I passed these drinks in a human chain to the 10 or 15 officers to hold whilst I went to the other side of the bar to bring the shutter down .
I can only conclude that some civilian , probably with a chip on his shoulder about class , the armed forces in general and officers in particular , must have seen us and come to the wrong conclusion and phoned a red top newspaper for a financial reward "

Who needs defence barristers anyway .

So if I read in Weekly Orders 'Do not do x', and I see people putting out said Weekly Orders doing 'x', I should not report anyone in uniform doing 'x'?

He’s a bit of a machine for a silver haired fox.

He overtook me a few times on the Catterick Para’s10 a few years ago.

I’d have a good burst and gain some distance, then he’d come sliding past again after a while and have a little chat as well :lol:

Very annoying.

Bloke :thumleft:
You fat knacker.

So if I read in Weekly Orders 'Do not do x', and I see people putting out said Weekly Orders doing 'x', I should not report anyone in uniform doing 'x'?
Why would you read orders, you stinking civvy.

Sarastro

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
So just to check and cross-thread, we should be actively asking what the most junior Officer there was doing, and why didn't s/he have the moral courage to stop what was happening?

Something about how are the lads going to follow him/her if they can't stop a group of drunk blokes being lairy?
Not sure that's accurately representing the point in the other thread.

But, sure, we should always be actively asking why any officer doesn't have the moral courage to stop something they think is wrong, regardless of relative rank. Given that the Army is a hierarchy, there isn't a great deal of point in moral courage if it's only exercised downwards. You can just call those "orders" and save the time.

If you define 'moral courage' as "telling subordinates to do things they should be doing anyway" - which, broadly, is how the Army teaches it - then you don't really understand what moral courage means.

So just to check and cross-thread, we should be actively asking what the most junior Officer there was doing, and why didn't s/he have the moral courage to stop what was happening?
Nope. I'd expect them to report the issue to someone with sufficient authority to address it.

Taking no action, retrospectively blaming a culture of lockdown breaking and encouraging others to anonymously report similar events without supplying evidence... not so much.

Happy to help.

Apart from the main issue at hand, it always surprises me that a regiment who set such great store on their particular headdress and all that it represents, are content to wear it as if it were an old dishcloth.

A lot of it sounds like hearsay , for a start .
Was it 10 , or was it 15 ?
If the RMP had busted the gathering and taken names and statements one could add a bit more credence to it .
Maybe someone from the unit concerned will tell us what really happened .
I should bloody well hope not. Whatever happened to “close ranks and defend your own?”

Even if he did drop a bollock, the extent of it should be a hats-on with his boss and 250 quid into Mess funds.

It would be utterly wrong to end the bloke’s career in ignominy, when he’s managed to climb the greasy pole, in the Parachute Regiment. That particular Regiment is not something I would be remotely interested in myself, but I can respect the achievement of those that succeed there. Yes, he should have exercised better judgment, but so should I when I got bladdered sometimes. Squaddies getting bladdered. Well I never, stop the press.

Let he who is without sin cast the first stone...

Depends if you're a grass or not .

It appears we are a society of snitches , and they say the Army reflects society , so maybe this will now become commonplace .
This virus is bringing out the very worst in this country at all levels
UK police receive 194,000 calls from lockdown 'snitches' | UK ...
www.theguardian.com › world › apr › uk-police-receiv...

1. Cached
30 Apr 2020 - UK police receive 194,000 calls from lockdown 'snitches' ... Police say they have received 194,000 calls “snitching” on people alleged ... Fines start at £60, reduced to £30 for prompt payment, and further breaches can lead to costs ... Over the last three years, much of what the Guardian holds dear has been ...

Police call for end to 'lockdown-shaming' as a weapon in feuds
www.theguardian.com › world › apr › police-call-for-e...

1. Cached
18 Apr 2020 - Police chiefs have urged the public to stop exploiting the coronavirus ... it had been receiving as many as 1,000 Covid-19-related calls a day ... In Norfolk, for instance, police received 1,261 calls from the public reporting breaches over the ... which the device accesses a client's website or mobile application ...

Police receive 'extremely high' number of calls reporting ...
www.bristolpost.co.uk › News › Bristol News › Coronavirus

11 Apr 2020 - bristolpostLoad mobile navigation ... Police in Bristol have urged the public to report apparent breaches of the coronavirus lockdown online if they can - after an 'extremely high volume' of ... volume of calls into the control room, for any reports of people breaching social distancing guidelines, that are not ...

Police have handed out 8,997 fines for lockdown breaches in ...
www.dailymail.co.uk › news › article-8273959 › Police...

1. Cached
30 Apr 2020 - Police had more than 200,000 calls about lockdown flouters while officers ... and 29, police have said; Forces received 200,000-plus Covid-related calls ... as leaked memo reveals airline may abandon Gatwick altogether to survive ... Kylie Jenner has 'no hard feelings' after Drake apologizes for calling her ...

Police receive public tip-offs every five minutes about people ...
www.telegraph.co.uk › politics › 2020/04/06 › police-r...

1. Cached
6 Apr 2020 - Police forces are receiving phone calls from residents tipping them off about people flouting lockdown laws as often as every five minutes, a chief constable has ... or breaches of the social distancing restrictions in towns or countryside. ... believe some of [the tip-offs] are a little misguided, a little of it may be ...

How many calls have been made to Lincolnshire Police about ...
www.lincolnshirelive.co.uk › ... › Lincolnshire Police

4 May 2020 - Police in Lincolnshire have received 1,912 reports of lockdown breaches since restrictions were put into place on March 23. Of the calls, 1,718 ...

Police received over 200 'lockdown breach' calls in ...
thelincolnite.co.uk › 2020/05 › police-receive-more-tha...

1. Cached
Police received over 200 'lockdown breach' calls in Lincolnshire this weekend. Daniel Jaines, Local Democracy Reporter. May 18 at 3:57 AM ... fines to people breaching coronavirus restrictions this weekend, but had more than 200 reports ...

More than 200,000 report neighbours to police for breaking ...
www.thetimes.co.uk › article › more-than-200-000-report...

30 Apr 2020 - Police have fielded nearly 200000 calls from members of the public snitching on neighbours or reporting other lockdown breaches, it emerged ...

Norfolk Police receive more than 300 calls reporting people ...
www.itv.com › news › anglia › norfolk-police-receive-...

1. Cached
8 Apr 2020 - Norfolk Police have received more than 300 calls from the public reporting people breaking coronavirus lockdown rules. Late last night the force tweeted: "#NESNT have been called to too many reports of breaches of the health order tonight." Among the ... ITV Presents. Be on TV · Mobile · Signed Stories ...

Don't worry , he/ she / they will be reporting the Sgts mess next and the block parties next week , assuming the Sun keep on paying .
As they should report anyone breaking the rules.

It appears we are a society of snitches , and they say the Army reflects society , so maybe this will now become commonplace .

1. Cached
30 Apr 2020 - UK police receive 194,000 calls from lockdown 'snitches' ... Police say they have received 194,000 calls “snitching” on people alleged ... Fines start at £60, reduced to £30 for prompt payment, and further breaches can lead to costs ... Over the last three years, much of what the Guardian holds dear has been ...

1. Cached
18 Apr 2020 - Police chiefs have urged the public to stop exploiting the coronavirus ... it had been receiving as many as 1,000 Covid-19-related calls a day ... In Norfolk, for instance, police received 1,261 calls from the public reporting breaches over the ... which the device accesses a client's website or mobile application ...

11 Apr 2020 - bristolpostLoad mobile navigation ... Police in Bristol have urged the public to report apparent breaches of the coronavirus lockdown online if they can - after an 'extremely high volume' of ... volume of calls into the control room, for any reports of people breaching social distancing guidelines, that are not ...

1. Cached
30 Apr 2020 - Police had more than 200,000 calls about lockdown flouters while officers ... and 29, police have said; Forces received 200,000-plus Covid-related calls ... as leaked memo reveals airline may abandon Gatwick altogether to survive ... Kylie Jenner has 'no hard feelings' after Drake apologizes for calling her ...

1. Cached
6 Apr 2020 - Police forces are receiving phone calls from residents tipping them off about people flouting lockdown laws as often as every five minutes, a chief constable has ... or breaches of the social distancing restrictions in towns or countryside. ... believe some of [the tip-offs] are a little misguided, a little of it may be ...

4 May 2020 - Police in Lincolnshire have received 1,912 reports of lockdown breaches since restrictions were put into place on March 23. Of the calls, 1,718 ...

1. Cached
Police received over 200 'lockdown breach' calls in Lincolnshire this weekend. Daniel Jaines, Local Democracy Reporter. May 18 at 3:57 AM ... fines to people breaching coronavirus restrictions this weekend, but had more than 200 reports ...

30 Apr 2020 - Police have fielded nearly 200000 calls from members of the public snitching on neighbours or reporting other lockdown breaches, it emerged ...

1. Cached
8 Apr 2020 - Norfolk Police have received more than 300 calls from the public reporting people breaking coronavirus lockdown rules. Late last night the force tweeted: "#NESNT have been called to too many reports of breaches of the health order tonight." Among the ... ITV Presents. Be on TV · Mobile · Signed Stories ...
I've noticed a strange correlation in my social media feed between people who have schimfed constantly about their neighbours flouting the lockdown rules, and those now complaining that the media is treating Dominic Cummings dreadfuly. I just wish they'd make their minds up.

1. Cached

1. Cached

1. Cached

1. Cached

1. Cached

1. Cached
It almost as if there are some socially responsible citizens who wish to protect the public health from a pandemic.

1. Cached

1. Cached

1. Cached

1. Cached

1. Cached

1. Cached
******* Wibble!

As they should report anyone breaking the rules.
Jawohl , mein fuhrer !
Befelt est befelt !

What next ? Report someone every time their dog takes a shit and they don't bag it ? Crosses a double yellow on the road ? Does more than 70 mph on a motorway or fails to use their indicators ?

Last edited:
Jawohl , mein fuhrer !
Befelt est befelt !

What next ? Report someone every time it's dog takes a shit and they don't bag it ? Crosses a double yellow on the road ? Does more than 70 mph on a motorway or fails to use their indicators ?
What next? How about they don't contribute to the spread of a disease that has so far killed nearly 40k of Brits.

Latest Threads