More Senior Officer Booze and Covid Japes

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Spot on SS, the paper has them down as Palestine and Malaya.
When did it go from SE Asia to the Malaya bar on the GSM. My grandfather has the GSM (G5) with Malaya and he was out there from 1950.
Apropos of nothing two points one not related to story. The GSM can be seen to be post war by its positioning after the WW2 medals. Second but not related point is my father has the same GSM and Clasps Palestine and Malaya. Palestine was 1938 and Malaya was from 1949-51 so his GSM sits before his WW2 medals due to the tour in Palestine in 1938 leading to a move to Egypt then back home in 1943.

Story over, back to Colonel having a lockdown piss up.

Euclid

War Hero
44 Pattern belt, yes I am old.

I shout and scream when I see the young and keen new out of Depot Trainee wearing a well worn 'Ally' 58 Pattern belt.

Surprised he has not gone totally retro and is not wearing a ' blancoed' 37 pattern belt with highly polished brasses.
What you can’t see in the photo are the OG trousers paired with a pair of NI Patrol Boots. (Probably).

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
What you can’t see in the photo are the OG trousers paired with a pair of NI Patrol Boots. (Probably).
No, DMS and puttees! :)

...with zip inserts for the boots with grenade ringpull.... he does however have a rather ally crevat though

He’s a bit of a machine for a silver haired fox.

He overtook me a few times on the Catterick Para’s10 a few years ago.

I’d have a good burst and gain some distance, then he’d come sliding past again after a while and have a little chat as well :lol:

Very annoying.

Bloke :thumleft:
That's because you're a fat hat.

He jumped today at Sannerville - where British airborne forces landed on the night of June 5 ahead of the beach landings - holding the medals earned by his wife Kate's great-uncle Lieutenant Richard Prince.
He jumped in on D-Day as part of the 7th (Light Infantry) Parachute Battalion.
Lt Prince's unit had the mission of relieving the glider troops who had captured Pegasus Bridge.
He was injured a few days into the campaign but survived the war and later served in Palestine and Malaya.
Colonel Andrew Jackson, deputy commander of 16 Air Assault Brigade at Colchester, parachuted into Normandy clutching the medals earned by a relative who fought on D-Day 75 years ago
7th Battalion ? Was that the one commanded by the worryingly named Lt Col Pine Coffin ?

Reading the article , the number of inaccuracies is par for the course …..

The " top Para in charge of elite force " is , err , not actually in charge , he's the 2ic ?

The source , or to give them their proper title , informant , said
“About ten to 15 of them — all senior, all leaders — had a big drink late into the night, while everyone else was sticking to rules. You can’t enforce the rules if you’re seen breaking them.”

"Officers ranking from a Lieutenant to a Major " All senior ?
Was it 10 , or 15 ? Or is the blockwart just guessing ?

They are believed to have been spotted and reported by a civilian contractor
WTF was a civilian contractor doing in camp " late into the night "

16AA and the RMP ought to be investigating breaches in security and determining the identity of the informant , rather than pursuing this officer

Reading the article , the number of inaccuracies is par for the course …..

The " top Para in charge of elite force " is , err , not actually in charge , he's the 2ic ?

The source , or to give them their proper title , informant , said
“About ten to 15 of them — all senior, all leaders — had a big drink late into the night, while everyone else was sticking to rules. You can’t enforce the rules if you’re seen breaking them.”

"Officers ranking from a Lieutenant to a Major " All senior ?
Was it 10 , or 15 ? Or is the blockwart just guessing ?

16AA and the RMP ought to be investigating breaches in security and determining the identity of the informant , rather than pursuing this officer
What does it matter who saw them and why? He broke the first rule of 'doing stupid things' club - he got caught.

Probably the bar tender

Why would the RMP care if a civvie contractor told anyone about an piss up that should not have happened?

What does it matter who saw them and why? He broke the first rule of 'doing stupid things' club - he got caught.
If camps up and down the land are going to be infiltrated with informers , everyone will get caught .
HMS Trenchant ought to be renamed the Red October , as they have a snitch on board , too

If camps up and down the land are going to be infiltrated with informers , everyone will get caught .
Only if camps up and down the land have bellends in charge who think the rules shouldnt apply to them.

Probably the bar tender

Why would the RMP care if a civvie contractor told anyone about an piss up that should not have happened?
How can you be sure that's the only thing they've told anyone ?
If they are prepared to take a drink for grassing up on private parties , they might take an even bigger drink for letting unauthorised people on camp , providing layout and security details or passing on sensitive information overheard in the Mess ?

How can you be sure that's the only thing they've told anyone ?
So long as they are reporting illegal/wrongful activity, who cares?

If they are prepared to take a drink for grassing up on private parties , they might take an even bigger drink for letting unauthorised people on camp , providing layout and security details or passing on sensitive information overheard in the Mess ?
What an imagination that you have.

I can make out the bars as Palestine 1945-48 and SE Asia 1945-46.

The picture in the link is much larger.View attachment 477204
Yes, much clearer too with more detail than the photo I used. Well done. Looks to me that the recipient had a busy postwar.

Which bit of 'lead by example' are you struggling with?

Latest Threads