More Senior Officer Booze and Covid Japes

Rooper

War Hero
It's worse than that - my mate's son is in the PWRR TA and will be deployed on Covid testing in Kent on the 1st June, replacing a regular regiment. It has come to a sorry state when we are routinely mobilising and deploying Reserve units because the Regular Army is so under strength. God help us if another crisis blows up (as it has a nasty habit of doing).
Whilst it's true that the AR are mobilised as part of the CSF (Covid Support Force) the fact that they are taking over the Mobile Testing Units from regular units has nothing to do with the regulars being under strength.

The MOD mobilised 2K plus AR troops in readiness but in actual fact many of them have sat at home twindling their thumbs. By standing them up to cover the MTUs it allows the regular troops to get their missed leave and get back to normal training and duties.

Rooper

War Hero
Really? From here:

View attachment 477595
He wasn't OC B Coy 2 PARA either, he was OC C 3 PARA.

Stranger moments happen to this day in colchester garrison there will be more gossip snipers soon rules are rules!! The boss has her ways ☠
Do you write the clues for The Times cryptic crossword?

Whilst it's true that the AR are mobilised as part of the CSF (Covid Support Force) the fact that they are taking over the Mobile Testing Units from regular units has nothing to do with the regulars being under strength.

The MOD mobilised 2K plus AR troops in readiness but in actual fact many of them have sat at home twindling their thumbs. By standing them up to cover the MTUs it allows the regular troops to get their missed leave and get back to normal training and duties.
Exactly that, my friend's son was twiddling his thumbs at home for a long while (although paid for it) until he got the movement orders. I think he has already started, although, being the TA, deploying far less troops than the Regular outfit that they are replacing (apparently a Yorkshire regiment - he doesn't know where they are based}. Also, there is no logistics backup for them - sounds about right.

Week One, Day One, Lesson One - lead by example, never by do as I say not as I do, or you will loose the respect of your men.

He'd have been the first to crucify the ordinary blokes if they'd held a block party.
And sometimes discretion and turning a blind eye can work on both sides if you want to make it into sides, there are also some officers and seniors that would have taken the view that if they did not see it it did not happen.

Don't follow your logic there ….
Your username suits you and you are a pedant of the highest order, How do you know that them guys are not saying there is a block party going on in such and such lines and as long as nothing appears on social media we will ignore it. The thing is that the former will always happen and the latter then cant be ignored.

So if I read in Weekly Orders 'Do not do x', and I see people putting out said Weekly Orders doing 'x', I should not report anyone in uniform doing 'x'?
Why not just do Y and Z you fanking pedantic cant.
I've noticed a strange correlation in my social media feed between people who have schimfed constantly about their neighbours flouting the lockdown rules, and those now complaining that the media is treating Dominic Cummings dreadfuly. I just wish they'd make their minds up.
Since your social media feed is controlled by you and you only it would probably be fed by your demographic and then your correlation probably takes you back up your own ********. So was Domonic wrong and do you have an opinion because if you have post it on your social media feed and have fun with your friends you fool. Fulkcrum why does the great architect allow people like you have hands to type.

Latest Threads