More Senior Officer Booze and Covid Japes

Nope, far from it. Not a bad looker at all, but had been rough-&-tumbled by 3/4 of the garrison if the gossip mill was to be believed.

Getting back to my point, it passed a couple of hours; the alternative being listening to Capt G3 O&D sniping incessantly about how “Maj Tarquin Obsequious-Bumblebee couldn’t POSSIBLY have those medals in that order, because the (fictitious) Bn had done Op Banner before Tosca and after Granby - do you see?”
Two hours! You must be some stud muffin. You don't go in for all this foreplay nonsense do you? All this crap about its not gentlemanly to go straight for the clit. Were you trying to last as long as possible until 'Soldier, Soldier' finished and Capt G3 O&D sniping had gone to bed?

How many pints and was she a single or double bagger? Did you have to have a chat with the M.O. about an embarrasing itch?

Last edited:
That's why so many outside the Parachute Regiment, but with maroon berets, are labelled hats.
But both paras and attached arms wear the same pink beret.

Oyibo

LE
But both paras and attached arms wear the same pink beret.
You'll have to ask the experts such as shockwave, mike barton, and 21st of Foot about technical aspects like that

I shouldn't think that bothers them, they are usually too busy to engage in puerile name calling. BTW, did 3 Para refuse the assistance that Capt. Willie McCracken (AACC & P Company) from 148 gave them on Mount Longdon and call him a hat? - did you ever serve?
Yes I did and you take yourself far too seriously.
Typical Hat.

Booties are Seahats and SAS are Superhats.
I did some googling on that and it came up with this Quora answer with a bit more detail.

I find it strange that Paras would take the piss out of the Booties, when the Marines are effectively their mother unit.
I think the parachute regiment are the only unit in the British Army that are derived from the Navy.

Edited to add the link

Last edited:
Yup.

So if you are a young Sapper, Gunner, Signaller, loggie or infanteer etc and have got a set of balls about yourself, you can earn a £3k annual pay rise :thumleft:

Submariners kicking the door in?

Maybe back doors only. I’ll bow to your knowledge here Davey lad :lol:
£3 grand a year, eh? Or £250 per Month, which will be nearer to £170 after tax & NI?

Lifetime riches, I tell thee.

I did some googling on that and it came up with this Quora answer with a bit more details.

I find it strange that Paras would take the piss out of the Booties, when the Marines are effectively their mother unit.
I think the parachute regiment are the only unit in the British Army that are derived from the Navy.
If you are referering to 2 Commando who were selected for parachute trainingin 1940, they were an army unit not RM. When the name of the Commandos was changed to Special Service (SS) they became 11 Special Air Service Battalion and on the formation of 1st Parachute Brigade in November 1941 they became 1 Parachute battalion.

The first RM commandos were formed from RM volunteers in 1942 as A and B commandos becoming 40 and 41 commando RM. 40 commando took part in the Dieppe raid.

In 1943 the RM battalions of the RM Division were converted to RM commandos. 1 RM battalion becoming 42 Cdo RM up to 48 Cdo RM.

£3 grand a year, eh? Or £250 per Month, which will be nearer to £170 after tax & NI?

Lifetime riches, I tell thee.
For Joe Crow who perhaps left school with the ability to run fast and a clutch of exam passes, that is 170 notes that his erstwhile mates on the dole won't be getting. Plus, when he does go home on leave, he can spin some decent dits and smash in their girlfriends. Don't knock it.

Oyibo

LE
For Joe Crow who perhaps left school with the ability to run fast and a clutch of exam passes, that is 170 notes that his erstwhile mates on the dole won't be getting. Plus, when he does go home on leave, he can spin some decent dits and smash in their girlfriends. Don't knock it.
When I was a married tom with a kid it was £3 a day - made a huge difference. I had to fight to keep it when I went to RMAS and was helped by a very decent RE Pl Comd to do so.

No, but I still have a number of friends from 148 that I served with and would be extremely surprised to be called either airborne or hats.
This is an internet forum.
Nobody cares and I think I will ignore you in future as you seem to be a right humourless bore.
Hat.

If you are referering to 2 Commando who were selected for parachute trainingin 1940, they were an army unit not RM. When the name of the Commandos was changed to Special Service (SS) they became 11 Special Air Service Battalion and on the formation of 1st Parachute Brigade in November 1941 they became 1 Parachute battalion.

The first RM commandos were formed from RM volunteers in 1942 as A and B commandos becoming 40 and 41 commando RM. 40 commando took part in the Dieppe raid.

In 1943 the RM battalions of the RM Division were converted to RM commandos. 1 RM battalion becoming 42 Cdo RM up to 48 Cdo RM.
Cheers mate the next time I try to get the maroon buffoons biting I'll just rely on you to spoil it.

Latest Threads