More Senior Officer Booze and Covid Japes

Oyibo

LE
How do you know that then? It was only two minutes ago you were asking bone questions in the recruitment areas. Have you served?
The sad thing is that some will like his misspelled and factually incorrect (made up bullsh*t) posts because they want to believe them.

RRP (Parachute) 3.76 RRP (Parachute) (P) is paid to qualified military parachutists occupying a tagged post at a rate of £5.75 per day. An enhanced rate is paid to those in Pathfinder Platoon: RRP (High Altitude Parachute) of £10.84 per day.

From the 2019 AFPRB report. At best, £10.84 per day; after tax, not even £250 pcm.

Submariners, aviators, doctors and lawyers must be kicking the door in, looking to join...............
Yup.

So if you are a young Sapper, Gunner, Signaller, loggie or infanteer etc and have got a set of balls about yourself, you can earn a £3k annual pay rise :thumleft:

Submariners kicking the door in?

Maybe back doors only. I’ll bow to your knowledge here Davey lad :lol:

Yup.

So if you are a young Sapper, Gunner, Signaller, loggie or infanteer etc and have got a set of balls about yourself, you can earn a £3k annual pay rise :thumleft:

Submariners kicking the door in?

Maybe back doors only. I’ll bow to your knowledge here Davey lad :lol:
Alright Harry, fcuking calm down.

But still Hats.
I shouldn't think that bothers them, they are usually too busy to engage in puerile name calling. BTW, did 3 Para refuse the assistance that Capt. Willie McCracken (AACC & P Company) from 148 gave them on Mount Longdon and call him a hat? - did you ever serve?

Oyibo

LE
That’s amusing as booties actually earn their hats, while maroon hats are just given to whoever rocks up at 16Bde
That's why so many outside the Parachute Regiment, but with maroon berets, are labelled hats.

Rather think that was the Politicos of the day. Like the prats who flogged the MoD Housing stock on a very dubious financial model. Sadly Defence procurement has been broken for years, big projects need skill sets that most top third of the pink list don't have.
He didn't think he was a prat. His mates did very nicely out of it, and no doubt when he retired or lost his seat in 1997, he subsequently found a nice well payed job in one of the companies involved.

I think this is a load of old bollocks and...the media should start fecking winding their necks in wrt simply trying to cut down a few tall poppies... and covid is their best means of doing so at present. It's getting rather tedious.

It's quite obvious from recent footage / pictures that 'public health' is nowhere on the list of media priorities. People need to realise this.
The media really do need their necks wound in and their relevence brought into question. We are in a situation where some news readers could be said to think themselves as the 'star of the show' now, and that it's their opinion that the puiblic seek - not the news. Hubris and getting away with it a bit too long IMO.

Oyibo

LE
He didn't think he was a prat. His mates did very nicely out of it, and no doubt when he retired or lost his seat in 1997, he subsequently found a nice well payed job in one of the companies involved.
I know, the Tory who pushed it through in 1996 cost the Government over £4.2bn by the 2018 Audit commision findings. That was a spectacular cock up at the peak of the PFI craze, that was super league mis selling! And it was Michael Portillo wot done it, he the man in red trousers who rather enjoys sedate train rides.

ugly

LE
That’s amusing as booties actually earn their hats, while maroon hats are just given to whoever rocks up at 16Bde
Hmm, I was given mine but I did give it back a few days later

MoleBath

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
I shouldn't think that bothers them, they are usually too busy to engage in puerile name calling. BTW, did 3 Para refuse the assistance that Capt. Willie McCracken (AACC & P Company) from 148 gave them on Mount Longdon and call him a hat? - did you ever serve?
Knew Willie in later years , grizzled affable and a real character

FORMER_FYRDMAN

LE
Book Reviewer
Whilst it's amusing to watch the red and green fighting machine implode, let no-one forget that, without the Rifle Green, you lot would still be standing in straight lines; waiting to be told what to do and generally incapable of hitting a cow's arrse with a banjo. We're still working on the Guards.

MoleBath

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
The presence of mobile phones make high jinks infinitely more liable to blow back

Latest Threads