More Senior Officer Booze and Covid Japes

Shockwave

On ROPS
On ROPs
@Oyibo you can mark it as dumb all you like it is true. Jacko is a snake and a terrible officer. I’ll not tell the tale off his jump refusal... maybe you want to! Climb out of his hole

Polyester

Old-Salt
This guy was a former OC of B Coy 2 PARA and then CO 3 PARA. He climbed a very greasy pool and this couldn’t of happened to a worse bloke. Awful snake!
How do you know that then? It was only two minutes ago you were asking bone questions in the recruitment areas. Have you served?

I hope nothing other than a slap on the wrist happens. Ok they broke the current rules but is that a reason to lose years of experience and undoubted skills? Interview without even a smell of coffee, a fine maybe, then move on.

The army will be quite happy to send these officers into life threatening situations (if told by government) but FFS don't have a peeve with your mates!

Sometimes things are blown out of all proportion just because a scumbo journo has heard and printed a non-story.
I think the Colonel will probably leave earlier than he was planning and pick up a nice job in the defence circuit. As has been said he's been - as probably most of the bar have been have been put in harm's way
Great, send out the message to the lads that they dont have to obey the rules because the Army could send them into life threatening situations.

There are all bally heroes.
Happy in your job aren't you!

Last edited:

Chimp

ADC
They are all replaceable, broke the rules in a position of trust. Not idiots just arrogant - they knew what they were doing, tossed the coin and lost. The action should be swift investigation and if/when they are found wanting should go. Involved WOs and Majors and above should collect P45s Other sanctions for more junior individuals.

Oyibo

LE
@Oyibo you can mark it as dumb all you like it is true. Jacko is a snake and a terrible officer. I’ll not tell the tale off his jump refusal... maybe you want to! Climb out of his hole
Very poor attempt at trolling

Happy in your job aren't you!
Very, thanks very much.

The Army constantly waffle on about V&S, professionalism, leadership etc, then when some bellthronks get caught out, exceptions should be made for them as the Army sends people into harms way. :roll:

Last edited:
I hope nothing other than a slap on the wrist happens. Ok they broke the current rules but is that a reason to lose years of experience and undoubted skills? Interview without even a smell of coffee, a fine maybe, then move on.

The army will be quite happy to send these officers into life threatening situations (if told by government) but FFS don't have a peeve with your mates!

Sometimes things are blown out of all proportion just because a scumbo journo has heard and printed a non-story.
More to it.

Define Mess / Unit as "a household" and all's within the rules.
Simples.
If only all those that were involved were living in members, and Male....

Chimp

ADC
On a different tack any idea who this is and was he in the Army?
1590754389199.png

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
They are all replaceable, broke the rules in a position of trust. Not idiots just arrogant - they knew what they were doing, tossed the coin and lost. The action should be swift investigation and if/when they are found wanting should go. Involved WOs and Majors and above should collect P45s Other sanctions for more junior individuals.
Yes every soldier is replaceable - often as casualties! But to train up someone for years then dump just for this is a waste of money, resources and personnel - IMHO.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Very, thanks very much.

The Army constantly waffle on about V&S, professionalism, leadership etc, then when some bellthronks get caught out, exceptions should be made for them as the Army sends people into harms way. :roll:
Not sure if your complaint is about the Values and Standards "waffle" or people saying they feel they should not be sacked?

Knowing you it is more than likely both! :)

Daxx

MIA
Book Reviewer
It's not criminal, it's AGAI 67 territory if anything. I suspect a 1* interview without coffee would suffice.

It's not criminal, it's AGAI 67 territory if anything. I suspect a 1* interview without coffee would suffice.
I dunno Sections 12. 13 or 19 of the AFA could apply.

Not sure if your complaint is about the Values and Standards "waffle" or people saying they feel they should not be sacked?

Knowing you it is more than likely both! :)
My complaint is officers constantly talk shite about standards then do something wrong.

Also people who think the Army should be above the rules because they might get sent to war.

Chimp

ADC
Yes every soldier is replaceable - often as casualties! But to train up someone for years then dump just for this is a waste of money, resources and personnel - IMHO.
I bet there are folks who are just an APC Board point off all of the "alleged" guilty b******ds or others of the same rank waiting in the wings. If a senior officer resigns the same applies. It is also a question of integrity - doing the right thing when no one is looking - and applies to both miscreants and those passing judgement. Through the miscreants' behaviour those who will determine their fate will also be under scrutiny.

Let's face it as a 51 year old colonel and a deputy bde comd he won't go any further and would have one more posting in front of him - so no great loss when you consider his potential. For the others they will be easily replaced.

Finally, would you have wanted to be led by someone who blatantly defied the rules, misjudged the mood of the country and thought they were above the law or indeed those who would fail to punish accordingly?

Polyester

Old-Salt
I bet there are folks who are just an APC Board point off all of the "alleged" guilty b******ds or others of the same rank waiting in the wings. If a senior officer resigns the same applies. It is also a question of integrity - doing the right thing when no one is looking - and applies to both miscreants and those passing judgement. Through the miscreants' behaviour those who will determine their fate will also be under scrutiny.

Let's face it as a 51 year old colonel and a deputy bde comd he won't go any further and would have one more posting in front of him - so no great loss when you consider his potential. For the others they will be easily replaced.

Finally, would you have wanted to be led by someone who blatantly defied the rules, misjudged the mood of the country and thought they were above the law or indeed those who would fail to punish accordingly?
I think the sanction you are suggesting is way out of kilter with the crime. They should be punished but losing their job is a bit much. And yes, we have probably all been led by people who have blatantly broken rules.

The_Duke

LE
This guy was a former OC of B Coy 2 PARA and then CO 3 PARA. He climbed a very greasy pool and this couldn’t of happened to a worse bloke. Awful snake!
Really? From here:

1590758004429.png

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
My complaint is officers constantly talk shite about standards then do something wrong.

Also people who think the Army should be above the rules because they might get sent to war.
I was correct then - both! ;)

Latest Threads