More Senior Officer Booze and Covid Japes

Jacko must have had a few hard paper rounds as a kid. Is that a 44 pattern web belt he is wearing? If so he must be well Ally. Maybe he got it off his dad together with the medals.

Jacko must have had a few hard paper rounds as a kid. Is that a 44 pattern web belt he is wearing? If so he must be well Ally. Maybe he got it off his dad together with the medals.
44 Pattern belt, yes I am old.

I shout and scream when I see the young and keen new out of Depot Trainee wearing a well worn 'Ally' 58 Pattern belt.

Surprised he has not gone totally retro and is not wearing a ' blancoed' 37 pattern belt with highly polished brasses.

Whose medals does he have in his mitts? His dad's, for those are all WW II gongs? :?
The last one isn't. It's the GSM before the GSM 1962. Someone with a better memory than ne will be along in a minute (or a minuet).

The last one isn't. It's the GSM before the GSM 1962. Someone with a better memory than ne will be along in a minute (or a minuet).
Looks like a George VI with 2 bar GSM. The picture can't be blown up any larger to make out what the bars are for, unfortunately.

WW II British Medal Rack.jpg

He’s a bit of a machine for a silver haired fox.

He overtook me a few times on the Catterick Para’s10 a few years ago.

I’d have a good burst and gain some distance, then he’d come sliding past again after a while and have a little chat as well :lol:

Very annoying.

Bloke :thumleft:

His beret looks like a cross between a tea cosy and a cloth mainly used to clean up cobwebs.
Looks ally.

Bet it’s been helping him drop chicks knickers since Suez ‘56 =D

The chicks he pulls now probably actually have cobwebs in their underwear.

I bet he’s got my pair of 44 pattern water bottle carriers complete with the tin mugs with black nasty on the rims as well!

Mind you, he looks older than me but that said, he looks twenty times fitter as well!

Last edited:
Is that a 44 pattern web belt he is wearing? If so he must be well Ally.
The 44 is much more ally than the 58. Unfortunately, he blows-it with the Nig's smoke-grenade ring on the zip.

Look's like he's used his beret to clean his car.

View attachment 477161
He jumped today at Sannerville - where British airborne forces landed on the night of June 5 ahead of the beach landings - holding the medals earned by his wife Kate's great-uncle Lieutenant Richard Prince.
He jumped in on D-Day as part of the 7th (Light Infantry) Parachute Battalion.
Lt Prince's unit had the mission of relieving the glider troops who had captured Pegasus Bridge.
He was injured a few days into the campaign but survived the war and later served in Palestine and Malaya.
Colonel Andrew Jackson, deputy commander of 16 Air Assault Brigade at Colchester, parachuted into Normandy clutching the medals earned by a relative who fought on D-Day 75 years ago