More school equality mongness

#1
#2
To quote a well known song:

Just another brick in the wall
 
#3
Unfortunately there are some headteachers that think this is the right way to be. Our school doesn't allow sweets in lunch boxes but the children do bring sweets/cakes in on their birthdays. We have several kids with different allergies, they all know what they can/cannot have and accept this without causing a fuss.
Does she honestly think stopping football will stop children getting hurt, do the children in this school never get hurt playing other games, kids will be kids? Grazed knees and hands are par for the course, its a pity she hasn't taken the time to listen to what the parents have to say.
 
#6
No birthday cakes sounds fair enough.

There'll be a stack of issues to land the skool in shtuck over food hygiene, allergies etc, not to mention my cake is bigger than your cake oneupmanship.
Are you also saying OTT kid's parties and designer trainers are a good thing?

Plenty of other barking twoddle to get all Daily Mail about though.
 
#7
It's all bollocks. Johnny the poor kid from the council estate needs to see Billy Rich's fuck off great big birthday cake. He also needs to be embarrassed on 'wear your civvies to school' days about his Gola trainers and no name clothes, and he needs to be pointed at and humiliated if he puts on a bit of weight or comes last in a race. If people feel comfortable at the bottom of the barrel they will never strive to climb out.
 
#9
Celebrating any birthday is ageist anyway....
 
#10
skintboymike said:
It's all bollocks. Johnny the poor kid from the council estate needs to see Billy Rich's fuck off great big birthday cake. He also needs to be embarrassed on 'wear your civvies to school' days about his Gola trainers and no name clothes, and he needs to be pointed at and humiliated if he puts on a bit of weight or comes last in a race. If people feel comfortable at the bottom of the barrel they will never strive to climb out.


KERCHING!!!! We have a winner!


Shame the fvcking trendies can't think as clearly as you do. :(
 
#11
Oil_Slick said:
Coming soon? all children will have to have their heads shaved and wear standard issue overalls so they will all look the same
Smart school uniforms and regulation haircuts would solve a lot of problems, I think. Too 'much individuality' and too few boundaries is what's screwed up a lot of todays kids.

However, the PC balls has to go.
 
#12
WO2.Ghandi said:
No birthday cakes sounds fair enough.

There'll be a stack of issues to land the skool in shtuck over food hygiene, allergies etc, not to mention my cake is bigger than your cake oneupmanship.
Are you also saying OTT kid's parties and designer trainers are a good thing?

Plenty of other barking twoddle to get all Daily Mail about though.

What a load of b0llox!

Here's a thing, even when schools impose 'all the same' kids uniforms, guess what? The better off parents have always buy/bought better quality clothes for their kids, that allowed us to take the piss out of the kids from the council estate in their Tesco's kit when I was a lad… way of the world, always has been.

And all this allergy'hygene boll0x?

I don't recall kids dropping like flies with these bullshite allergies or lurgies when I was a kid! Peanut allergies? FFS!
 
#13
WO2.Ghandi said:
There'll be a stack of issues to land the skool in shtuck over food hygiene, allergies etc, not to mention my cake is bigger than your cake oneupmanship.
But they're not real issues. They're issues which have been created by a self-interested, politically correct elite. As for 'my cake is bigger than your cake', it's part of growing up. It's what motivates people to achieve something, which is what school ought to be about.

WO2.Ghandi said:
Are you also saying OTT kid's parties and designer trainers are a good thing?
Yes. Same reason. See skintboymike's post.

WO2.Ghandi said:
Plenty of other barking twoddle to get all Daily Mail about though.
That seems to have become the standard answer whenever somebody mentions that our pseudo-utopian society might not be functioning correctly.
 
#14
Oil_Slick said:
And all this allergy'hygene boll0x?

I don't recall kids dropping like flies with these bullshite allergies or lurgies when I was a kid! Peanut allergies? FFS!
Good way to give the gene pool a good clean out by the sounds of it.

Strengthen the breed.

Some bods known to my family were aghast that our dogs licked our kids when they were babies.... best get used to it I thought, they've got a good few years of this ahead!!

No lurgies, no skin dropping off or blindness.

Amazing really :roll:
 
#15
DeltaDog said:
Oil_Slick said:
Coming soon? all children will have to have their heads shaved and wear standard issue overalls so they will all look the same
Smart school uniforms and regulation haircuts would solve a lot of problems, I think. Too 'much individuality' and too few boundaries is what's screwed up a lot of todays kids.

However, the PC balls has to go.

Indeed, but I was alluding to this lowest common denominator crap that's dumbing down society. Nothing wrong with a standard uniform, and nothing wrong with people buying better quality, uniform either. The mong head teacher at my grand daughters school has tried to insist that school uniform is only bought from Skoolkit so all the kids look the same and the poor kids don't feel left out… now that's stupid boll0x, they're poor, get over it, the better off kids being dropped off in Volvo XC90's tends to give the game away anyway.
 
#16
Perhaps a quote from one Sjt Maj Harper, 95th Rifles. Would help the young 'uns aspire....

"No sin to've been born in the dirt, boys. But it's a terrible sin to want to stay there."

Or perhaps....

It isn't the fall that counts, it is how we get back up. (sic).
 
#17
Is this another diktat from the boggle-eyed bullying bastard Balls?

Has there ever been a more disconnected from the real world, obnoxious oaf, than 'Bully' Balls? - the excremental Hain always excepted!

It is reported that this over-weight ogre has four children - ascribed to anyway. The poor little dabs. Has which ever local government authority is applicable ('flipped homes' by TWO claimants notwithstanding) looked into the well-being of said 'little people'?

PS: Why does this flabby shit talk so badly? He was 'public-school' educated, (very New Labour) followed by Oxford (to my personal sadness, but very New Labour) and yet he speaks like an unemployed dustman - is this to impress the Labour voters? Maybe it is to impress upon his simpering wife his bona fide working class ('class' - how boring) credentials? Whatever, excepting the inexcusable and repellent Hain, he is the second worst of a poor shower of detritus calling itself a government.
 
#18
Oil_Slick said:
WO2.Ghandi said:
I don't recall kids dropping like flies with these bullshite allergies or lurgies when I was a kid! Peanut allergies? FFS!
Not when I was at school either, nor when I started in my teaching career in the sixties. But, towards the end of my career it became a very real problem. I'll give you an example from more than a decade ago, didn't happen to me, it involved my wife. She works in a university - a student comes to see her at lunchtime about her courses, burger in hand, eating it. After a minute student says she feels unwell, wife concerned and tells student to go straight to medical centre, about a 4 minute walk away. As student leaves my wife phones them to say student on way. Student arrives, by now really unwell, nursing staff call ambulance, it arrives in just a few minutes. Too late, student is dead despite best efforts of the medical staff , less than 15 minutes... Turned out there were peanut traces in the burger.

I am truly glad that I did my years in the classroom and got out without anything horrible like that happening in front of me.

There's an increasing number of people with serious allergy problems, they may not be dropping like flies, but, they do drop.
 

Similar threads

New Posts

Top