More reasons for a fat tax.

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by Ozduke, Apr 29, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. To pay for their extra rations when they get banged up...

Found in the Torygraph - Don't tell Gorgon, she'll be volunteering for her next jaunt of Bridget Jones naff journalism.

An overweight inmate is suing jail authorities after he lost more than seven stone, alleging he is “being starved to death” by an inadequate prison diet.

Broderick Lloyd Laswell, who is awaiting trial for murder, has seen his weight fall from 29 and a half to 22 stone after spending eight months in Benton County Jail, Arkansas.

He has now filed a lawsuit alleging the jail is failing to provide inmates with enough food.

According to the suit, Laswell, who is accused with a co-defendant of fatally beating and stabbing a man before setting fire to his home, weighed 29 and a half stone when he was jailed in September.

In his complaint, the prisoner asserts that “on several occasions I have started to do some exercising and my vision went blurry and I felt like I was going to pass out. About an hour after each meal my stomach starts to hurt and growl. I feel hungry again.”

But he adds he is not doing nearly enough exercise to explain the weight loss.

“The only reason we lost weight in here is because we are literally being starved to death.”

The suit demands prisoners be fed hot meals – the jail has for years only served cold food.

Authorities say the prisoners are provided with an average of 3,000 calories per day, about average for a man eating a Western diet.

2. Fcuk me, 22 stone! Poor soul is wasting away.

3. He's still alive. That counts as 'adequate' nutrition in my book.

Fat fuck, should be grateful they're giving him a substitute for the self-control he so blatantly lacks.

4. Maybe his mates are just upset that his tits are shrinking?

5. 29 stone equates to roughly 115Kg of fat. If you were to extract that and subject it to a bit of trans-esterification you would have roughly 50Kg of alternative fuel for your car.

50 litres of diesel and 80Kg of low fat Ginsters pie filling, sounds like a win-win to me.

6. How about taxing fatties who need to fly on a plane?

Instead of airlines reducing weight of the cutlery or the number of pages in their in-flight magazine to keep costs down - make a weight to price ratio for airline tickets.

7. Some Airlines do now......well, they charge for two seats for passengers who are porky, as one seat ends up left empty as lard arse spills into it...!

8. Fantastic - not American Airlines I'd wager!

9. Lets look at the clues, lack of energy from food or because the only exercise he's used to is walking to the fridge? Fat f*cker :x

10. spike7451

spike7451 RIP

The's a programme starting on BBC 3 tonight where they do 'living autopsy's' on people who's health is at risk.
    "Make my body younger" & tonight's is about a woman who eats nothing but Pizza & smokes 30odd a day while sitting watching TV.
    Since I've been unemployed I've kept the weight off by modifying my diet & getting the bike back on the road.Look on the bright side,fat barstewards die younger. (Wonder if it's possible to turn the body fat into a petrol substitute?...)

11. Wasnt there something about 60 odd years ago when some Erics tried to turn body matter into other things like soap and lamp shades.

12. A spokesman for the Arkansas Department of Corrections has said that the Prison Diet book will soon be in all good bookshops.

13. no chance of him squeezing out between the bars then

14. No chance, unless they're Mars bars, the only ones mr. blobby is obviously acquainted with :)

15. Absolutely. You should be given an 'all up weight' figure for you and your bags. If you go over that for whatever reason, you pay an excess charge. Therefore you can be a fat fcuk with nowt but a carrier bag or be a normal person with sheds of luggage. It's a simple metric: more weight = more fuel used therefore fat people should be charged more - i don't see why i should have to pay more proportionally because i have a bit of self pride and discipline not to munch pies :D

Back to the thread. Losing 7 stone WFT? That's half my body weight FFS.