More Realistic Weapon Qualification For The US Army

Discussion in 'Multinational HQ' started by Tartan_Terrier, Mar 29, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Interesting article on the proposed new weapon qualification method for the US Army. In my opinion, it sounds like a very good idea, and is a logical follow-on to the new upgraded basic training that they are now giving recruits.

Full article: http://www.army.mil/-news/2008/03/27/8162-jackson-testing-new-weapons-qualification-method/

2. That would no doubt be appreciated by their allies and civis alike.

3. Just got to get their pilots on a similar scheme and everyone will be happier.

4. fecking 'ell been through better civi training after getting out years ago then what I got whilst in.

Marksmanship whilst in (90's era) was still entrenched in well trench warfare...shoot from a fox hole.

This is great news for recruits, especially since it directly translates into both long arms and hand guns.

5. Funny that. Considering I could probably find hundreds of British soldiers who are still here today because of US pilots, and only a few families who have lost loved ones to them.

6. Seconded. our troops on the ground are very grateful for the support the Yanks give us look at ross kemp in afghanistan they were confident even after the blue on blue which occured. shit happens

7. I agree although I would say an awful lot of the civvy stuff (outside of the police and security industry) has been around to make competitions more interesting and challenging and therefore attractive to sponsors. I used to know a British shooter (via ex-wife) who was at the top of the tree in the UK and near it worldwide. Unfortunately he now lives abroad as he was a pistol shooter.

stab

8. Actually the courses I have taken had nothing to do with competition. They were all taught by ex-plod and/or monkeys and were in combination with concealed carry, living in the Great State of Florida I get to carry a weapon for self-defense. All courses were 4 hours in length and dealt with a variety of engagements multi target, friend and foe, cover and concealment, single handed reloads, no sight shooting, simulate night engagements. We put anywhere from 800 to 1000 rounds down range during each training. Hell I was lucky to get 100 rounds for the once a year qual whilst in.

9. I saw the soldier's reactions after the deaths in that series. After all the media stories and some savage posts on Arrse I was shocked to see they weren't angry at the US Air Force at all.

10. Says a whole big bunch about you.

11. Ah I stand corrected. I do apologise. Must be handy being able have a concealed carry, I hear some parts of Florida can be somewhat nasty.

stab

12. An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.
    Robert A. Heinlein

13. And such polite people live in Florida.

PIAT gun seized in police raid

14. They are all sitting in goal at the moment and never used it. I contend they didn't know how or could have ever known how. Furthermore had they trotted out in publc with it they would have been shot dead before they could have engaged any viable target let alone armed it.

Either way what's your point? Taken a peak around Manc lately?

15. Let me summarise for you:
    And you obviously missed this bit of the article:
    Does having lots of guns loose in Manchester make it a safer city? I don't really think so. Do you?