More Peaceful Muslim Protests Against Planned Film

The embassy breach in Egypt wasn't as violent as an attack on a US consulate in Bengazi, Libya. One member of the consular staff was wounded and another killed. One report says several injured.

The attack was by members of a religion who were offended by the representation of the founder of their religion in a film apparently produced by Egyptians in the US.
Oh--well never mind--such actions are perfectly reasonable then. ;-)

Civilize 'em with a Krag.

The pastor certainly didn't pull his punches with 'Mo' on a gallows with a satan mask on... all these people need is half an excuse and the crack of the whip gets felt by some civil servant thousands of miles away.

Theres certainly no justifying the actions of the protestors, in my view. But the spark, as it's claimed - being the video, makes it difficult for me to see anything other than premeditated incitement on the part of this idiotic Pastor.
Supposedly on you tube but I cannot find it.

Any link??

The pastor is an idiot, as was shown in his last big stunt with a massive Koran burning. But honestly, they have no fcuking room to talk. Try bringing a Bible into Saudi and see how the savages react.

As Robert Mitchum once said in an interview, "If they won't be peaceful, kill them."

The pastor is an idiot, as was shown in his last big stunt with a massive Koran burning. But honestly, they have no fcuking room to talk. Try bringing a Bible into Saudi and see how the savages react.

As Robert Mitchum once said in an interview, "If they won't be peaceful, kill them."

I am not sure I understand the references to the "pastor". I will look for the reference but my understanding is that the outrage was about a film created by Egyptian Copts living in the US. I did not see any reference to a Coptic priest being involved.

This is a stunt pulled by the Reverend Terry Jones, along with Egyptian Copts. The last time he made the news was a few years ago when he announced he was going to have a big old Koran burning, and members of the Religion of Peace all over the world announced they'd do the only sensible thing and kill a bunch of innocents in revenge for the burning of some books.

The pastor certainly didn't pull his punches with 'Mo' on a gallows with a satan mask on... all these people need is half an excuse and the crack of the whip gets felt by some civil servant thousands of miles away.

Theres certainly no justifying the actions of the protestors, in my view. But the spark, as it's claimed - being the video, makes it difficult for me to see anything other than premeditated incitement on the part of this idiotic Pastor.
I am in total agreement as to the idiot pastor but we have something called the 1st Amendment that (at least for now) allows such things, unlike the state of affairs in the middle east and with the ever so enlightened Muslim Brotherhood. Furthermore, no film, cartoon or other such thing in any way justifies such violence against our sovereign territory, notwithstanding the ludicrously fawning statement of our own State Dept. that seemed to excuse the violence because of the evil pastor.

This is a stunt pulled by the Reverend Terry Jones, along with Egyptian Copts. The last time he made the news was a few years ago when he announced he was going to have a big old Koran burning, and members of the Religion of Peace all over the world announced they'd do the only sensible thing and kill a bunch of innocents in revenge for the burning of some books.
Indeed he is an idiot but nothing he has done in any way explains, much less justifies, the mindless (I use the term quite intentionally) violence by offended muslims, just as we have seen before in the case of the evil Danish cartoonist and the like.

Indeed he is an idiot but nothing he has done in any way explains, much less justifies, the mindless (I use the term quite intentionally) violence by offended muslims, just as we have seen before in the case of the evil Danish cartoonist and the like.
I was being contemptuously facetious about the violent response of the savages to the burning of some wood pulp.

GPMG's mounted on the embassy walls would likely have a very salutary effect on the crowd's attitude, if employed liberally and effectively.

Theres no justification for it under westernised christian sensibilities, ethics and beliefs. Or for that matter any reasonable and balanced person wouldn't act in the way that a small proportion of followers of Islam have.

Theres a right to freedom of speech, but theres also responsibility, particularly when, as in the case of the pastor, you have a bigger soap box to shout from than the avarage youtube user.

No matter however, as the minority who incite and lead will use any excuse to rally idiots aginst the US and the rest of us. The same thing works the other way with Terry the big mouthed pastor inciting his idiots too, he however has the luxury of doing so from a distance and under guaranteed protection by his country.

Whereas Billy Jones the admin clerk in some embassy in another time zone has to hide under his desk shitting his pants as his embassy is being attacked and he only has what military and security resources they have in house, along with local Police in the case in Egypt, to protect him.
So if it is truly the work of the "minority" of "radical islamiists" then we will surely see universal condemnation by muslim clerics, organizations and other leaders.

So if it is truly the work of the "minority" of "radical islamiists" then we will surely see universal condemnation by muslim clerics, organizations and other leaders.
Do you mind terribly if I don't hold my breath?

JJH -

I am quite sure you are correct. I would, however, suggest that you not hold your breath waiting for the universal condemnation.

Can you imagine the after protest party in the Islamic fundamentalist club house if the US were to open up on the baying crowd.

If they had Christmas they would think that they had all come at once.

How to expand a conflict in one easy protest...!

1) The US Embassy is US sovereign soil under the Vienna Accords, and historical diplomatic usage.
2) The US Government has a duty and responsibility to ensure the safety of its employees working abroad, as does the host government.
3) Since the host government was either unwilling or unable to prevent the violation of US Embassy grounds, it falls to the US State Department to take steps to prevent the harming of American personnel or foreign workers.
4) Laying supine on the ground and letting the savages beat you to death won't make them like you any more.
5) Killing any fcuker who dares to cross the property line isn't going to make them hate you any more.

Fcuk it, guns up. Waste any bastard who tries to enter the compound.

Do you mind terribly if I don't hold my breath?
Indeed. Before it fades from the headlines it will be the total fault of America for "allowing" films to be made that offend a religion. Many on here are not of a certain age as I am and thus may not remember the outrageous violence around the world by offended Christians when Monty Python"s "the Life of Brian" was released.

The world needs idiots like this to make the rest of us look good.

Latest Threads