More PC madness

Theatres told: meet ethnic targets or lose your funding
By Chris Hastings and Beth Jones
(Filed: 15/05/2005)

It won't be all white on the night. The Arts Council has threatened to cut the funding of hundreds of English theatres and arts organisations unless they showcase more talent by people from the ethnic minorities.

The quango has written to 1,100 grant recipients warning that funds will depend on their ability to serve the needs ethnic minority audiences. The grant recipients, who include rural theatre companies and puppeteers - some of whom are in mainly white areas - have been sent the 110-page Race Equality Plan.
LINK

Does that mean that in mainly white areas members of ethnic minorites are going to have to be bussed in against their wishes so that the theatres can have a grant ..... bloody madness.

The Nationality, Immigration and Asylum Act 2002 has introduced an additional function for all commissioned officers in HM Forces.

Commissioned Officers can now act as 'designated persons' to certify English language competence for prospective British citizens, who apply outside the UK and who have been sent overseas by HM Forces ie. a service person who is under the Officer’s command, civilian employees or dependants of service personnel. There is no obligation for Commissioned Officers to act in this capacity, and they may decline if they so wish.

As a result of the Government drive to increase the value attached to British citizenship, prospective British citizens must prove that they can speak English and have a basic knowledge of life in the United Kingdom. For applicants who have no formal English speaking qualification, but who are fluent in English, this requirement will be established by means of an interview with a designated person.

A Commissioned Officer asked to carry out this task must satisfy him or herself that the person before them is a native English speaker or has knowledge of the language equivalent to that of a native speaker and provide the person with a certificate to that effect. Full details of this requirement and a copy of the Home Office guidance note and certificate for completion are contained in 2005DIN02-061,
Will you be volunteering Armourer?

Well if duty called, I was promoted and they could get me "unsectioned" :wink: I'd give it a go.

armourer said:
Theatres told: meet ethnic targets or lose your funding
By Chris Hastings and Beth Jones
(Filed: 15/05/2005)

It won't be all white on the night. The Arts Council has threatened to cut the funding of hundreds of English theatres and arts organisations unless they showcase more talent by people from the ethnic minorities.

The quango has written to 1,100 grant recipients warning that funds will depend on their ability to serve the needs ethnic minority audiences. The grant recipients, who include rural theatre companies and puppeteers - some of whom are in mainly white areas - have been sent the 110-page Race Equality Plan.
LINK

Does that mean that in mainly white areas members of ethnic minorites are going to have to be bussed in against their wishes so that the theatres can have a grant ..... bloody madness.
Look behind you. The thought police are lurking.

Do you have a reference for your quote, CrapSpy?

There's a hell of a lot of a difference between a politically inspired and directed 'target' and 'advice'. Unfortunately, the difference is what this vile presidency is expert at twisting, spnning and propagandising.

I can see the NewLabPubRelNatSocPres at his/her conclave now: "I want to see stories about blacks and browns on the mountains and moors now, and get me some pictures of little black kiddies playing whatever it is they play in the Bucks woods. Mmmm, pity we can't differentiate between Kosovan refugees and the grotty locals - can they wear their national dress or something? Make sure the Sun gets some non-attributable pictures. Threaten anyone who objects to this with hatecrime. You have your targets. Go."

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Bushmills Australia 2
TheKnave Royal Signals 67
firemagi The Intelligence Cell 19