More on the Federal Govt's Frenzy to Acquire Ammo

Federal Offenses: Law-Enforcement Teams Grow at U.S. Government Agencies - WSJ.com

This quote I think sums up why so many of us are concerned about the ever-expanding federal government:

[FONT=&quot]"It is hard to pin down precisely how many regulations could result in criminal penalties. Of dozens of federal agencies contacted by The Wall Street Journal, none could say how many of their regulations were connected to criminal statutes. Legal experts have put this number at anywhere between 10,000 and 300,000."[/FONT]

has the US become too bureaucratic and unwieldy for democratic process to function?

time for another civil war.

like I said in the past, Georgia and a few of the surrounding states would make excellent additions to the New British Empire, oops, I mean the future Economic Bloc of Commonwealth of Nations.

God save King George.

....except florida, its cak, you may as well give it to the Cubans....

has the US become too bureaucratic and unwieldy for democratic process to function?

time for another civil war.

like I said in the past, Georgia and a few of the surrounding states would make excellent additions to the New British Empire, oops, I mean the future Economic Bloc of Commonwealth of Nations.

God save King George.

....except florida, its cak, you may as well give it to the Cubans....
Hmmmmm............ now that you mention it, ..... :)

Careful that the feds don't raid your next Arrse range day mistaking it for a foreign terrorist training camp.

If Sluggy is there they might sting you for not having a licence or an adequate cage.

This helps put in perspective the amount of ammo ordered by the feds in must the last 6 months:

Investor’s Business Daily reported:
In a puzzling, unexplained development, the Obama administration has been buying and storing vast amounts of ammunition in recent months, with the Department of Homeland Security just placing another order for an additional 21.6 million rounds.
Several other agencies of the federal government also began buying large quantities of bullets last year. The Social Security Administration, for instance, not normally considered on the frontlines of anything but dealing with seniors, explained that its purchase of millions of rounds was for special agents’ required quarterly weapons qualifications. They must be pretty poor shots.
But DHS has been silent about its need for numerous orders of bullets in the multiple millions. Indeed, Examiner writer Ryan Keller points out Janet Napolitano’s agency illegally redacted information from some ammunition solicitation forms following media inquiries.
According to one estimate, just since last spring DHS has stockpiled more than 1.6 billion bullets, mainly .40 caliber and 9mm. That’s sufficient firepower to shoot every American about five times. Including illegal immigrants.
To provide some perspective, experts estimate that at the peak of the Iraq war American troops were firing around 5.5 million rounds per month. At that rate, DHS is armed now for a 24-year Iraq war.

Obama’s Homeland Security Department has purchased 1.4 billion rounds of ammunition – that is not a typo — during the last six months.

Grumblegrunt

LE
Book Reviewer
well britain was on the side of the south during the US war of federal oppression. georgia - that's a bit like lancashire isnt it?

This helps put in perspective the amount of ammo ordered by the feds in must the last 6 months:
Sound like interesting times are ahead JJH. What's the general consensus, is Obama going to try and disarm the US?

Well, the US certainly seems to be anticipating some sort of domestic crisis sooner rather than later...
Yep, my point entirely. Are the US Gov scared of some form of revolutionary explosion or are they going to start one?

Obama hates the Brits, I'm starting to get the impression that he hates Yanks as well.

Yep, my point entirely. Are the US Gov scared of some form of revolutionary explosion or are they going to start one? Obama hates the Brits, I'm starting to get the impression that he hates Yanks as well.
There is plenty of 'material' on the internet alluding to the likelihood of both scenarios being true. The US strikes me as a very paranoid place at the moment.

Sound like interesting times are ahead JJH. What's the general consensus, is Obama going to try and disarm the US?
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][/FONT]

Your humble servant would not purport to speak for the "general consensus" especially since there is none if one looks at the recent election and subsequent polling that suggests the nation is just about equally split between those who appear quite willing to trade their individual freedom for "security" (economic, physical etc. even though reality shows the sheeple get very little in the bargain) offered by the federal, and to a lesser extent by state and local, government and those of us who believe government has become an ever-expanding organism that grows in proportion to the loss of individual liberty.

As for the gun issue, who knows but if there is an intention at the federal level to suppress all gun ownership, I do not expect it to be a frontal assault by forced confiscation (that would truly be a conflagration of mammoth proportions) but rather through the incrementalism our Masters seem to favor on all fronts to achieve their progressivist aims of virtual total control of the people by central government and we are told "all for our greater good."

There is plenty of 'material' on the internet alluding to the likelihood of both scenarios being true. The US strikes me as a very paranoid place at the moment.
And as the saying goes "even paranoids have enemies." I try to focus on the evidence to the extent it is possible to get it through the curtain of secrecy lowered by what He promised would be the "most transparent administration in US history." Purchasing records and bidding information of the federal government in the public domain are a good indicator of the substance of the apparent fact that the feds have ordered and continue to order incredible amounts of ammunition that simply cannot be reconciled mathematically with the government's official explanation that it is merely for training.

Purchasing records and bidding information of the federal government in the public domain are a good indicator of the substance of the apparent fact that the feds have ordered and continue to order incredible amounts of ammunition that simply cannot be reconciled mathematically with the government's official explanation that it is merely for training.
Presumably x amount of this total is for duty issue and not merely a training stockpile. I have no idea how often Federal Law Enforcement personnel exchange their issued ammunition but presumably it is between every 6 and 12 months. Of course, it could well be that the Federal Government is trying to max out the ammunition production and supply chain capacity in the US in order to prevent US Citizens from actually loading their weapons with worthwhile amounts of ammunition.

Apprantly its easier and quicker to set up your own swat team than get cooperation form the FBI a state police force or city and some of the smaller police forces you wouldnt want to rely on.