ARRSE is supported by the advertisements on it, so if you use an adblocker please consider helping us by starting an Ad-Free subscription.

More Of Our Heritage Under Threat

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Chodmeister, Jul 12, 2015.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Last edited: Jul 12, 2015
    • Excellent Topic Excellent Topic x 8
  2. Suppose Bill Clinton should offer to pay back his scholarship then

• Like Like x 7
    • Funny Funny x 4
  3. Just knock down anything made or commemorating anything prior to 1833 - including those pesky Roman roads, cities like London and Southampton.. that'll show how on side and PC we are

• Like Like x 3
  4. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

Rhodes wasn't a racist, he was a typical Empire building Englishman!
    Please remember that racism didn't exist, most isms are the inventions of the loony lefty hand wringing tofu munching yoghurt knitting Guardian readers!

Last edited: Jul 12, 2015
    • Like Like x 40
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Show again braincell Show again braincell x 2
  5. Will Oxford SU also be campaigning to remove the following statue.
    Yes he did many good things later but his career and success was founded upon inciting and carrying out violent attacks on people based on ethnicity.
    So if that condemns Mr Rhodes it condemns him as well.

Somehow I get the feeling Oxford S.U wont be joining in this campaign.

nmps.jpg

• Like Like x 32
  6. Assuming you meant 'wasn't', yes, yes he was.

However -

That's the University of Oxford, founded in the eleventh century.

• Like Like x 9
    • Funny Funny x 4
    • Informative Informative x 1
  7. And Kris Kristofferson :)

8. Founded to educate clerics for the Holy Roman Catholic church of the whole of Europe, including those nice chaps in France who slaughtered a load of "heretics", slaughtered a load of Muslims and Jews in Spain for not converting, then for converting but not good enough, then slaughtered pagans in the Baltic states because they didn't convert, then slaughtered everything in the Middle East they could reach because they could.....

Are they offering to hand back the money AND the degree and the place at Oxford and the network contacts they've made ?

• Like Like x 3
  9. S0I

S0I LE

Ah yes, a statue to the memory of 'Bomber' Mandela.

• Like Like x 7
    • Funny Funny x 5
  10. Thought it was "Necklace" Mandela or am I getting confused with someone else ? ;-)

• Like Like x 1
  11. Careful, you might give the Oxford SU the idea to rename them to "Mandela Scholarships"

• Like Like x 1
  12. And Janet King

13. He was certainly of the view that the british would make a much better job of running africa than africans would.

In light of the state of the place these days since we left some might argue that realist is more appropriate than the rather kicked to death 'racist'.

• Like Like x 19
  14. :) Worth watching, or the 4th Wave Feminist drivel it appears to be?

15. S0I

S0I LE

His wife had quite a thing for necklaces

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1