More New Labour nonsense

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/6984122.stm

Pregnant women will get about £200 paid into their bank account to spend on healthy food under a government initiative, the BBC has learned.

From April 2009, expectant mothers in England would receive a one-off payment from their 29th week of pregnancy to encourage them to eat well.

Health secretary Alan Johnson will announce the "Health in Pregnancy Grant" on Wednesday.

Charities welcomed the idea but warned it may not be effective.
Call me cynical but why am I getting the feeling that this £200 is going to be spent on anything but 'wholesome food' ?

B

Biscuits_AB

Embassy Regal are as wholesome as it get's Squire. So are scratchcards.

What a total load of utter nob spanking arse.

Clearly its going to encourage chavs to breed even more now. If the gov are intent on doing this, make it vouchers only.

The-Lord-Flasheart said:

Clearly its going to encourage chavs to breed even more now. If the gov are intent on doing this, make it vouchers only.
They do that with the immigrants and caught loads of them selling food vouchers to corner shop owners for booze at about a tenth of what the voucher was worth.

If some of the Chavettes were given Boots vouchers I wonder if they could get pregnancy test kits or even morning after pills with them :?

The-Lord-Flasheart said:

yep Maccy dees do vouchers...3 big macs and a diet coke for the wieght conscious chav tart with hordes of kids in tow...as seen in Maccy dees most days in Chatham

B

Biscuits_AB

Vouchers? They should be forced to undergo a mandatory contraception plan. One big needle when they are 13 and a booster at 16. They can shag as much as they like then.

You're right though, some of these stupid c*nts will think that 9 months and the pain of child birth will be worth a £200 handout. They'll be clammering around those maternity wards from Darlington to Dundee.

Just goes to show how far detached from reality our government is. Vouchers MAY work, but only if they can be redeemed at a trustworthy outlet, and not your average corner shop, where they may be 'misused'.
Given that most DSS benefits fund fags and booze for the chavenous masses, this will only add fuel to the fire.

I'm totally against anything like this to be honest. What should happen is the parents of the chavs should stump up 200 notes to allow their sprogs to breed. A birth license if you like. There should of course be a test prior to issuing the license. Any suggestions on what the test should be?

Special Birth Coppers could stop any chavette in the street with a sprog and ask to see her calving certificate. If none is forthcoming, the sprog is removed from the pikey and chucked in the canal. The chavette and chav are then fined. The fine will take the form of a 200000 volt Tazer to the ball sack or uterus.

The-Lord-Flasheart said:
Perevodchik said:
How do you really feel Flashy?

I'm running for Government you know......
You cant do any worst then the mad barstewards in charge at the moment Flashy. Im only against this idea as Ive had my kids now and gone through with the snip so no little brucey bonuses of £200 for me. I even missed out with the government £250 child bond scheme that came out for newborns in 2001 :x

edited to say can there be a grant for future grandads, Im not 40 yet but getting close and my kids are teenagers. Once we have a grandchild we get £250 towards a bottle of whiskey, slippers, free £10 bet on the horses and worthers originals.

OPPO said:
Some people just shouldn't be allowed to breed...
Beat me to it. Breeding is a privilage, not a right. :x

Too many Cupid Stunts dropping floaters in the Gene Pool. :evil:

Yet another "universal" grant funded by the taxpayers. I bet it does your heart good when you realise that maternity allowance, child care allowance, the child bond and now this "eat healthy" payment will be given to footballers on a hundred grand a week, the Royal family on a few mil from the civil list, lottery winners with 4 or 5 mil in the bank, City types getting a multi mil bonus at the end of year etc etc along with the local "breed em for the benefits" crowd down the local cess estates so they can afford premium lager instead of the value stuff.
Give em all a 50p piece, I say, and superglue it between their knees.

Why has this entire thread turned intoa slanging match against chavs?
I figured the topic was prenatal health not amateur eugenics.
Truly the best example of "twisting the subject" that I've ever seen.

However in the spirit of general fun, let me suggest that all women who become pregnant automatically lose their house - so they can't doss in it, their job - so they can't slack at work, and their incomes - so they can't spend them on fags, beer, or unhealthy food.

Who's with me? :D

Come on, you've got to agree that if you take money off the government at all, in any form, including disability benefit, health benefits, social benefits etc, you deserve to be ground up and sold as meat to put back what you took out - right?

Well am I right?

It can't be THAT big a leap from losing your right to children because a few people object to the government putting money in the people's pockets, surely? Though I admit, THAT idea is in itself insane. Wouldn't we be better off with a government that just kept ALL the money it took off us and didn't pass any of it back out?

Yours, "Tax money is deducted from my wages before it becomes my money, and therefore doesn't actually belong to anyone other than the government and since the government does what it wants with its own funds, it can spend it on what the hell it wants and I really don't care a jot" Squiddly.

Squiddly said:
Why has this entire thread turned intoa slanging match against chavs?
I figured the topic was prenatal health not amateur eugenics.
Truly the best example of "twisting the subject" that I've ever seen.

However in the spirit of general fun, let me suggest that all women who become pregnant automatically lose their house - so they can't doss in it, their job - so they can't slack at work, and their incomes - so they can't spend them on fags, beer, or unhealthy food.

Who's with me? :D

Come on, you've got to agree that if you take money off the government at all, in any form, including disability benefit, health benefits, social benefits etc, you deserve to be ground up and sold as meat to put back what you took out - right?

Well am I right?

It can't be THAT big a leap from losing your right to children because a few rabble rousers object to the government putting money in the people's pockets, surely? Though I admit, THAT idea is in itself insane. Wouldn't we be better off with a government that just kept ALL the money it took off us and didn't pass any of it back out?

Yours, "Tax money is deducted from my wages before it becomes my money, and therefore doesn't actually belong to anyone other than the government and since the government does what it wants with its own funds, it can spend it on what the hell it wants and I really don't care a jot" Squiddly.

You're an idiot.

The-Lord-Flasheart said:
You're an idiot.
I love you you know, the fact that you have chosen to devote the most sensible (or at least, the least idiotic) post of yours on this thread solely to me, is heartwarming.

May your evening be pleasant and carefree! :D