More nerve-racking than Afghanistan!

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Skynet, Jul 31, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. More nerve-racking than Afghanistan, says wife guarding the Palace
    Agence France-Presse
    Published: Tuesday, July 31, 2007
    Two British soldiers have become the first married couple to guard Buckingham Palace. Stuart and Phan Chapman, privates in 16 Signal Regiment, have taken up duties in the sentry boxes outside Queen Elizabeth's official residence in London. "We're both extremely proud," said Stuart Chapman, 21. "It's great to know that we're working together here. It's also nice to know that we're making history." Thousands turn out each day at the gates of Buckingham Palace to watch the Changing of the Guard. The guard is normally mounted by the Guards Division in their traditional scarlet tunics and bearskin hats, but when their units are busy on operational duty, other regiments fill in. "It's a real honour, but I felt more nervous changing the guard than when I was in Afghanistan," said Phan Chapman, 27. "I didn't want to make a mistake in front of all those people."
  2. More nerve-racking than Afghanistan? Stupid media bollox. Guys are suffering mental breakdowns in Afghanistan and Iraq. Totally hype dup nonsense.
  3. Yeah, because you're a female signaller and you probably never left camp. Get a sense of perspective.