More MP suffering - poor little lambs.

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Sympathetic_Reaction, Jun 15, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Sympathetic_Reaction

Sympathetic_Reaction LE Book Reviewer

Seems they got underpaid this month.

Poor babes will have to survive on the £5,358.54 they were paid this month, rather than the full whack of £5,478.17.

Not sure how they will survive till the next pay packet.

2. I'm running for parliament in 2015

...if you can't beat them...
  3. Wartched newsnight last night in particular the interview between the LibDem MP Bob Russel & Martin Bell in ref to the MP outcry & anger to the IPSA & it's function fit for purpose,

Skip to 39.40 on iplayer
  4. Yes... watched that..... Martin Bell was sooo 'unsympathetic' to our Poor Dears in Parlyment..... har har...

But he was correct in saying that the MPs have brought this on themselves. There will be teething problems with the new system for expenses, but our elected Boys and Girls will just have to lump it until all the problems are ironed out..... Then it will be back to Business as Usual... just like the Banks.... :party:
  5. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

I have e-mailed my MP who is one of the new girls in HoC and asked her what and how she will be handling her expenses claims. I also asked, as she is a Labour MP (unfortunately), what she will be doing to protect the staff in the IPSA Office from irate MPs.

I don't expect a very full and forthright answer, but let's give her a chance to respond.
  6. Should make for entertaining reading, if nothing else.
  7. I will just have to send Tory Boy (Michael Gove - my MP) a few quid from my pension to help him get through the month.
  8. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

On my return home here was a message on the phone answering machine from my MP wishing to discuss this issue. Very quick return and looks positive. So good response so far and a good start by a new MP. If anything interesting comes of this I will post again.
  9. Don't know how they manage to the job for such pittance.

God bless 'em.
  10. ARRSE is great for charities, maybe start Help4EmPees.

The bear idea is already taken but we could get toy rats and dress them up in suits. Maybe toy weasels would be better, not sure.
  11. Toy dung beetles would be better. After all, our masters are covered in sh*t.
  12. the_boy_syrup

the_boy_syrup LE Book Reviewer

Wait till the budget when they cut public sector wages and pensions

MP are Public Sector employees aren't they or did they opt out of that as well ?
  13. They (and their expenses) will be exempt, you'll see.