More money (pay) for soldiers in Afghanistan and Iraq

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Speedy, Oct 10, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Breaking news, nothing on the media yet!!
    Noduff.

2. It looks like income tax may be waived.

3. OK more money IS Good but FFS they should also increase the number of bullets too.

4. There is a program on Radio 4 tonight at 8pm about how bad MoD procurement is and the problems being faced.

5. Bliar has come out with 'the army will get more guns, bullets, helicopters...whatever they need...'. :?

Yep, right. :(

6. I bet a penny to a pinch of the proverbial, that if its a lump sum paid at the end of op tour equivalent to tax paid in that period then it will be taxed!!!!

7. I hope it is retrospective, back to Telic 1 !

8. If it is a bonus payment it should be non-taxable. It is the same as the annual city bonuses, they pay a good salary but hold back to ensure a large bonus as it is non-taxable hence ensuring that the empoyees of the City's financial institutions are well looked after.

9. I think it's a bit rich that the sun are claiming some kind of victory here. The worst thing is that its readers are stupid enough to believe it.

The story is a bit one sided as well (big surprise there). It dosen't mention any of the bonus payments (like LSSA).

10. Typical :roll:

11. It should be backdated to when the Labour govt came into power! you just know that itll be hardly anything, theres only ever one winner and thats the govt.

12. Bang goes the X Factor then!, and I'm not talking that crud on a Saturday night! There is no such thing as a free lunch!

13. It stands to reason that those with the highest wages (and tax bill) will recieve the greatest reimbursement if the system were to be based on income tax paid!

14. Hey and if you don't get your return in on time the Govt can fine you 8O