More media support - think theyve been reading ARRSE...

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by hansvonhealing, Nov 8, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Least with the times, there seem to be some accurate reporting and not just half truths, I like the style of not dressing it up and tell it as it is. Would seem your right Hans.

2. Is it just me or are these sort of articles, which seem very hard-hitting to me, increasing in frequency over the past month?

AA Milne, Clarkson, psychological fears and now this (as an example)...when will the message get through?

3. Ord_Sgt

Ord_Sgt RIP

An excellent piece of writing which, I think sums the situation up nicely. It remains to be seen if the pollies finally start to take note and do something before the whole house of cards comes crashing down.

Well done Libby Purves and thank you.

4. "But it is not their fault. It is the fault of callow, modish thinking since 1997 and relentless cheeseparing before that. Politicians must grasp that it is not enough to wear a poppy on TV and pose with tanks. If you’re going to have an army, treat it with respect."

Absolutey spot on.

Can we send Libby a bottle of something nice for that?

As a regular reader of The Times and her articles, I find her very pro Armed Forces.

5. A spot on piece of reporting. Finaly, a writer who isnt afraid to let people know whats going on/being covered up.

as fozzy said, she deserves a thankyou!

6. Good to see some support in the press. Of course the daft part is 'The Times' is part of the same company as 'The Sun'.

http://www.newsint.co.uk/

7. I wonder what exposed policy abuse that was :lol:

8. ViroBono

ViroBono LE Moderator

A A Milne's last mention of the Army was in his poem about Christopher Robin's visit to Buckingham Palace to see the Changing the Guard. A A Gill, on the other hand, visited Iraq recently with Jeremy Clarkson. :roll:

Another excellent article by Libby Purves. Let's hope the government take note.

9. Freudian slip, my apologies :oops:

10. A cracking article that does balance the reporting upon us in some way. Let there be many more.

11. I thought it was a very good article aswell, but what on earth does "cheeseparing" mean? !

12. Another 'feet on the floor' article. Thank you to the lady who wrote it.

How many of the decision makers will read it and how many will do something about it, which doesn't involve doing something for themselves in the process?

Is it now time for the Heads of Sheds to spell it out for Tony or is his head still buried so far up his own arrse that he won't hear them.

13. Cheeseparing

14. I too read Libby Purves - and it's very true article by someone who is respected as a quality journalist/opinion former.

Do two things today:

Write to your MP deploring the situation. I focused on the "historical investigation" aspect.

Write to The Times letters@thetimes.co.uk expressing your support for Libby Purves and her article.