More JPA fun!

Discussion in 'Army Pay, Claims & JPA' started by Sarastro, May 21, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Sarastro

Sarastro LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

Just been told that far from not getting paid, the JPA cannot even get so far as recognising my bank exists. This despite it being the largest bank in Scotland, 5th largest in the UK or thereabouts, 10th largest in the world etc. Apparently without a 'recognised' sort code (funnily enough, no other organisation in the country has any problem recognising my sort code when paying cheques, DD etc) or a bank whose existence is JPA acknowledged, you are basically fucked, and admin recommend just opening a new bloody bank account as the easiest way to solve situation...

Do the govt. just hand out IT contracts to any dribbling village idiot who happens to wander up Whitehall in search of his lost marbles?
  2. Actually Oracle is a great piece of kit in all fairness, it's list of customers is large and impressive
  3. I think PBKAC might be the issue in many cases.
  4. Here's a happy little thought to go to bed with. Is the problem really with JPA or is it just the Govts way of saving money by just not paying the troops al la USSR just before the wheels fell off completely?
  5. Sarastro

Hmm, PBKAC? PM Brown's Kleptomaniacal Administration of Cash? Poor Bastards Kannot Access Coinage?
  6. If its The Royal Bank of Scotland they need to put "The" in as i think there is a Royal Bank of Scotland or Bank of Scotland on JPA as i had a similar issue a few weeks ago.
  7. Sarastro

Is indeed laughingboy - there is Bank of Scotland on JPA (different bank), but admin couldn't find Royal Bank of Scotland anywhere. Did you managed to get the system to recognise RBS in the end? Thanks for the tip, will try it out.

The latter doesn't exactly prove the former. There are plenty of IT companies which do the major public contracts (Capita, EDS) which have a large and impressive list of customers, but consistently f**k up every late, overbudget system they bring in.
  8. PBKAC = Problem Between Keyboard And Chair.
  9. I discovered from a chum, who popped upstairs in MB that you can no longer have claims paid into another Bnk Account. You can have another bank account and have money paid into it but it can only be a % of your pay including allowances.

People like the old duffer, my chum, who want to have their CEA for their kids paid into a seperate account can no longer do so nor can they have all their claims paid into an account that they use as a slush account for treats for their wife/girlfriend/partner/FB/BC. What a great advance we have made yet again.

You should have heard him rant about it. Mind you I agree - what a total disaster.

We have been squeezed into Oracle not as an advance but as a total savings measure.
    Should I claim for the cost of the filing cabinet I am going to have to buy to store all the expenses claims in? Do you need to keep receipts for 1yr 18 months or 2 yrs - I have heard all 3 and 2 of them from pay types in the same office.

Bring back the pay clerk
  10. Before the Army got on the system it was "keep recepts for 12 months" and "receipts not required for claims less than £5" Now the Army is on the system, it's 2 years and receipts for everything.
  11. JPA for self service is brilliant, as a better admin kit than UNICOM, hmmm! Clerks cant even put people into sub units. After all the hype, our clerks think its shite.
  12. Yes.
  13. On a serious note I think keeping the receipts etc is a daft idea. Young sailors on a ship have very little space for kit and clothes as it is, and I guess it is simillar for young soldiers. Fine for civies, but not ideal for armed forces.
  14. I see your argument - but 1000 receipts takes up less space than a small book, are you saying you do not have the space - or would it be more accurate to state that it is just inconvenience?
  15. Assuming that we one day get (a) a login, (b) a password and (c) a JPA terminal that we can use, of course.