More I-pod help - I tunes

Discussion in 'Films, Music and All Things Artsy' started by bitterandtwisted, Feb 12, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I am having a drama, I have all my I tunes in my Ipod but my hard drive crashed and now has wiped my I tunes off my computer, so, if i plug in my I pod it will update it and I will lose all my I tunes which is clearly poo. Anyway of copying my I tunes from my I pod and putting them back on my I tunes. I did it before but have forgotten. Can any fellow arrsers help.
    I have manged to recover my purchased I tunes from my account.
    Thanks Bitter

2. I had a similiar problem and referred to the ipod users forum every conceivable problem is covered in more depth but it sounds like you need some recovery software

3. Install Itunes again, then go into the options, and un-tick the "synch ipod", or tick the "manage my music manually" box......or something like that, it's been a while. It can be done though.

4. i have tried these but no avail they havent worked for me i am using vista if that makes any difference - the ipod ripwin said i had to download .net version blah blah blah and then basically i had to get a degree in IT to do that and install it. Can anybody else help with a less complex solution?

5. Yes, do this!

6. I have but it doesnt update my lost i tunes on my hard drive

7. Try using Anapod Explorer. It’s a good program for copying music from your Ipod to your PC and vice versa. You can download a free trial version from here http://www.redchairsoftware.com/anapod/

I hope it helps.